“Excellent food, drinks, and service!”

Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in North Oaks
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd. J.
Description: Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We went here for Restaurant Week last night. North Oaks is a little bit outside of where we normally go for food and entertainment, we usually stay more to the downtown areas or in the east metro.

We had a later reservation, 8:30 pm. There were still many diners in the restaurant and on the patio, and the bar was in full swing. We were seated in a booth and soon had the section to ourselves.

We started with Gatsby martinis ($10 each and very reasonable). Excellent and filled to the rim.

Service was very fast and our server made me laugh. She was very nice and very competent. (Emily Y.)

Since we chose the Restaurant Week menu, it was a prix fixe 3 course meal for $35 each with selections for each course. My husband and I chose the same things which simplified ordering.

We started with the Spinach Salad. It had great flavor and large chunks of blue cheese.

We had the Lobster Spaghetti entree. We were served a large pasta dish that was full of noodles, lobster bisque cream sauce, and lobster chunks. It had an amazing flavor AND aroma. Most of the chunks were a little bit rubbery, but my husband said he had a very tender piece too. We decided that since we couldn't take home our desserts that we would take home half of our entree. We don't usually eat this much and were getting full.

For dessert, we had the Chomeur Pudding. We had to wait a few minutes for it to be prepared, but that was ok because we were looking at radar and the huge thunderstorm that was coming, as well as doing some Game of Thrones research...and still finishing the martinis!

I researched Pudding Chomeur, and it is a traditional French-Canadian dessert. Known as "Poor Man's Pudding," it is butter cake with bubbling maple syrup. Ours was put under the broiler until very hot and then had a dollop of premium vanilla ice cream added. My husband thought it was a little bit sweet but I absolutely LOVED IT! Which is weird, because I'm always the one complaining that food or beverage is too sweet. But it was really, really good.

The restaurant and bathrooms were very, very clean and tastefully decorated. The patio was nice and had a clump of beautiful Star-Gazer Lillies planted nearby as well as other flowers. We were able to park right in front of the doors which came in handy as it started to pour when we left. Just 5 feet out the front door and we were soaked!

We will definitely make the effort to go back. The rest of the menu looks good and they have a good cook (or cooks). The tab with tax ($6.92) and tip came to over $100 but man, it was worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Was there too early for the full dinner, but our light dinner in the bar area was delicious. We had the Beef Tenderloin Sliders with Béarnaise Sauce. They were positively amazing. Melt in your mouth meat and dreamy Béarnaise Sauce.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Three male friends met for a recent dinner at Trias. It was a nice early summer evening and we decided to sit on the patio. Trias overall did not seem overly crowded but it took a long time to get service after we sat down. Finally a server, Tom, who had been working in the mostly empty inside was reassigned to wait on us. Thing immediately turned for the better because of Tom.

Tom was excellent. He was very responsive, engaging and professional. Tom really knew the nuances of the menu and he was able to help my friends pick a meal that they were happy with. I was very impressed with Tom and would happily have him be my server in the future. Any negative portion of this review is directed at Trias specifically and not in any way at Tom

I have had both very good and very bad experiences at Tria. This unfortunately was another experience that was disappointing. I ordered the park chop for my meal. It came out dry and very overdone. One of my friends ordered the walleye and he said that it was excellent. My other friend ordered a steak and he was somewhat disappointed by it being too well done.

The North Oaks area is short of high end eating establishments and Tria evidently feels it can get along being a somewhat better than average restaurant but at higher cost.

The restaurant decor is very nice and the patio is wonderful. However, the service staff often seems to be short-staffed and poorly managed while the food is underwhelming. My wife and I prefer to eat at Aqua in White Bear Lake when we want to have a nice meal out.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This is a great place to come on a cold winter night to enjoy a drink and snack in the bar, or on a warm summer evening to enjoy the patio. The food is always good and the drinks are well made. Great wine list. Save room for the chausser pudding, an amazing maple and butter treat that two or three can split.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We eat here recently with another couple. The place was busy but the wait staff did a good job managing the situation and providing excellent service. They have a good variety of wines by the glass. They offer flights of wine (three small wine pours from their wine by the glass menu). It is a fun way to try different wines at a very reasonable price. One person got champagne, which she did not like. My wife and I split the wedge salad (they split the salad into two plates, which was a nice touch). It was very good with a tasty house dressing. My wife got the pan roasted chicken. She did not like the somewhat strong taste of the meat. I ordered the pork chop. The taste was fine but it was over cooked and not very tender. Overall, the meal was only average and I’m not sure that I will try it again.