“Nice brunch”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Rd. J.
Description: Warm. Fresh. Real. Everything at Tria... from the seasonal, made-from-scratch, fresh food, friendly service to the warm and inviting ambience was designed to deliver these three simple qualities. From the moment you enter, it is apparent that Tria is not your ordinary restaurant. The natural woods and stone, wood-burning fireplaces, art and accessories all depict Tria's commitment to creating a delightful dining experience for their guests, offering something for everyone. The menu is fresh regional American and the extensive wine list was created to provide both selection and value (finally a restaurant that provides both!). Recognized as one of the "Twin Cities Best New Restaurants" by Mpls/St.Paul Magazine, the list of accolades continues to grow. You might say that Tria, like their wine, gets better with age. So if you're looking for a night out with someone special, dinner with the family, entertaining clients, or simply enjoying a quick bite with friends, come visit Tria!
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Went here for a brunch with family. Nice, cheery, and peaceful atmosphere. They have generous portions, too. We really liked the beignets that came before the meal, as well as the parmesan hashbrowns.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Always great food, including some gluten free options, but not gluten free bread, unfortunately. My kids love the Mac and Cheese. The portions are huge - too huge, if you ask me. Perhaps the best deal is the free bottle of wine on one's birthday, up to the value commensurate with your age. My Dad's 90th birthday wine was really good. Also, they have private rooms for big family gatherings. Biggest downside is the weird location, way out in the North suburbs. Why didn't they find a body of water to locate on?

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Saturday night we decided we needed a nice meal out, so we chose Tria, as my husband has been wanting to try it for quite some time. I read some reviews right before we went, which is sometimes a mistake. There seemed to be very mixed reviews about the service, as well as the food. First of all, I love the ambiance of the dining room. It had a rustic, yet upscale atmosphere, very comfortable. Our server was fantastic. He was very attentive, especially given the number of tables he had. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wines, and gave very good recommendations. I loved the calamari, but my husband did not. I ordered the beet salad, which was quite tasty...lots of beets! I also ordered the pork chop, which was the best I have ever had. Lovely flavor, and cooked to perfection. It was served with boursin mashed potatoes, which were also delicious! And for dessert, the chomeur pudding is to die for. Absolutely ridiculous! In sum, we will definitely come back and will probably request the same waiter, if we can spot him. Oops, one warning, my daughter did not like the mac n cheese. My husband tried it too and even he didn't like it. But that was the only negative.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Lisa P
MorrisseyHospitality, Public Relations Manager at Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thank you for visiting us and for the great review despite the Mac n Cheese misstep. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Upon delivery of the plates, two were immediately sent back. I squeezed lemon over my walleye fish before tasting it, and then it was too salty/lemony. My wife's shrimp were the wrong texture. The two others in our car also had complaints. When it was about time to leave I noticed that 8 of the ten water glasses were empty, not refilled. We were never asked if we wanted a second glass of wine. The Tria martini can come with either a grilled shrimp OR bleu cheese stuffed olives...the menu said "and" or else was misleading. My grilled shrimp dipped in the martini was very nice, try it.

Date of visit: October 2016
MorrisseyHospitality, Public Relations Manager at Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for the review, feedback and for visiting us. We're sorry to hear about the poor experience. If you would like to provide us with a means of contacting you, and the best time to do so, our GM would be happy to discuss these issues further.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I went to Tria to celebrate a birthday, the food was delicious, the appetizer was something special " grilled octopus". I had their lobster spaghetti and found a little bit heavy on sauce, but also very good. Service was okay, considering being upscale place the service should be much better. My bottle of wine took a lot of time to came, I really think waitress forgot about my order and I did not have water in my glass for sometime.
Some areas they need to improve!

Date of visit: September 2016
MorrisseyHospitality, Public Relations Manager at Tria Restaurant, Bar & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback, review and for visiting us. We're sorry to hear that we let you down with sub par service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to surpass your previous experience.