“Good gyros, great fries, super service. ”

OMG- Original Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in New Brighton
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were in the area for a medical appointment. We wanted something a little different for lunch so we found this place on trip advisor. We both like gyros, and the reviews were positive, so we decided to check it out. The restaurant itself was fair easy to find. My wife was in a wheelchair due to a recent surgery. The staff from the restaurant were very helpful when we came to the door. The one lady, I think she was the owner, held the door open and helped her get in. The menu selection was varied, but we both went for the gyro basket. Since it was lunchtime, we got the lunch special, which consisted of a sandwich (the gyro), fries, and a pop. I believe the total price for that was $7.99. Like some of the other reviews, the fries were excellent. They had a very good seasoning on them. The gyros were also very good. The only criticism I have about the food is that in my opinion, the meat could have used a little more seasoning. However, this is just my opinion and like I said, the gyros were still very good. We also ordered ice cream for dessert, as there is an ice cream shop also within the restaurant. We will definitely return to OMG, and I recommend anyone to go there. The food is good, the service is great, and the prices are actually competitive with fast food prices.

1  Thank Oz54750
There are newer reviews for OMG- Original Mediterranean Grill

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

The philly is really good and the fries have goog seasoning. They cook to order and it doesn't take very long. I will be back

1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Fabulous when you are craving falafel or a gyro. Highly recommend their Hawal Puri! The staff is helpful and welcoming!

1  Thank krwildebuer
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I always get a gyro and sometimes a falafel. It's a good gyro and the fries, while originally frozen, are good. It's like eating at a fancy rest stop, but the tables are usually clean (well, about 50% of the time) and it's really fast. They also serve ice cream. The falafels were frozen, I'm sure, so I probably won't order those again. I come here about 2x a month.

1  Thank Smiledoctorsmile
Reviewed 8 March 2016

I appreciate that the foods are fresh and made in house. The owner/cook/proprieter was such a kind woman...nice chatting with her, too. Very honest about the quality of food.

1  Thank Mn2Mx