“Not Bad”

Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shady Oak Drive
Description: Located at Crosstown Hwy 62 and Shady Oak Road, Jimmy’s Food and Cocktails features contemporary and traditional American cuisine with global influences, market fresh fish and seafood, Certified Angus Beef steaks and chops, slowly roasted baby back ribs, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas, burgers and hand-crafted sandwiches, served in a rich, handsome upscale-casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I admit to being a food snob. I have always wondered why people would spend $30 for a meal they could cook better at home for $5.00. And I try to stay away from consuming a weeks worth of starch in a single night. So I rarely dine at establishments like Redstone, McCormick's or Jimmy's, that feature steaks, pan fried or broiled fish, shrimp and scallops, all accompanied by a plate full of mashed potatoes or a baked potato on steroids (i.e.. a steak and chop house). We dined at Jimmy's at 4:45 on a Sunday afternoon, and as there was nobody else eating, the service was very attentive. And they were featuring Halibut done about five different ways. I took the plunge expecting that my fish would be dry and stringy (I warned them I'd send it back if it was), but was pleasantly surprised when the fish arrived done just right, with perfectly serviceable wasabi mashed potatoes. And with the Sunday half price bottle of wine, it ended up being a good meal without an excessive price.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018

we visited Jimmy's because they had an ad in the local paper advertising a 3 course meal of halibut. The bread was good but the butter served with it was frozen solid. The salads were not bad. My wife's halibut was over cooked and dry. I paid extra for a crab topping/ sauce. I was expecting chunks of crab meat...with reading glasses I was able to make out some very fine pieces of crab meat. Both halibut dinners I think were pieces of fish frozen for a long time. When it came time for desert we waited for 15-20 minutes!! I thought they had forgotten about us. When my cobbler was served it consisted of one or two spoon fulls that were not even heated. My wife's cheesecake was also a very small serving. This place must be very popular as the parking lot was full as were most of the tables. Maybe other dishes might be better? I recommend anything but the halibut. I for one will not return.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Jimmys was right next to our hotel while we were on a business trip. We went twice while we were in town. The first night most of us had their Halibut special with was amazing! Two others in our group had the tenderloin filet which they said was cooked perfectly and was a great cut of beef.
The second night we had just appetizers for our group of 8. The ahi tuna, lobster deviled eggs, wings (sauces and dry rubbed), flat bread, shrimp and tenderloin skewers. All of them were fantastic! We also had dessert: creme brûlée, cheese cake, and brownie sundae. Delicious.
The atmosphere feels high end and the food matches that. But not to worry, dress varied amongst all the guests but looked like business casual was preferred. I would have given this 5 stars had in not been for one of their bartenders. While he mixed a good drink, his customer service was not the most friendly at all. The other wait staff was helpful and fun so they balanced him out. Overall I would recommend Jimmys if you get a chance when you are in town!

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Good food and service. I ordered a steak and found the quality of the steak was not what I expected for the price I paid.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Met family here for lunch and had a great time! Arrive early for lunch or make a reservation as the room was full by noon. Our waitress was able to describe virtually all the menu items in detail and recommend some very tasty items. Jimmy’s serves a full range of soups, salads, seafood, pasta, steaks; it seems whatever you are hungry for they can fit the bill. Even a wonderful risotto! The chocolate turtle cake was heavenly! Prices are moderate. This was our first visit to this suburban restaurant ~ we will definitely be back!