“Happy Hour!”

Jimmy's Food and Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Food and Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shady Oak Drive
Description: Located at Crosstown Hwy 62 and Shady Oak Road, Jimmy’s Food and Cocktails features contemporary and traditional American cuisine with global influences, market fresh fish and seafood, Certified Angus Beef steaks and chops, slowly roasted baby back ribs, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas, burgers and hand-crafted sandwiches, served in a rich, handsome upscale-casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Monday-Friday 3 to 6 and 8:30 to close.

Nice prices...nice menu...nice bartender!

It was across from the hotel....nice walking distance.

Minnesota nice!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch on our anniversary. Got there after the lunch rush at 1:00 on a Monday so we figured we’d have good service. Our server was good at the beginning, but got slower and slower the longer we were there. She actively avoided our table while waiting on the two others I saw her serving. It was a good 20 minutes between getting our food and when she finally came back to check on us. It then took her over 10 mins after giving us the dessert menu to come back and take our order. We finally had to tell her we needed to leave and we got our check. It was absolutely not busy enough to warrant that slow of service.
The service wasn’t the only disappointment. I got the seared halibut with lobster risotto and it had zero flavor or seasoning. The halibut had literally no seasoning and was not seared, it had to have been pouched in nothing but water. I had to add so much salt and pepper to it to eat it. The risotto was a tiny portion with no seasoning. I paid $24 for flavorless, boring food. I would have complained and asked for something else if our server had bothered coming to check on us before we finished eating. My husband got the turkey French dip and it was ok. Much more reasonably priced at around $13 and a better portion. We got the cheesecake for dessert and again, a tiny portion made for one person. Will not be going back again anytime soon. A $50 lunch that left me hungry an hour after leaving.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

It’s difficult to even begin to describe the experience here, but I will try my best.

To start, the decor is not sure whether it is an old-fashioned steakhouse or post-modern, sci-fi chic.

The wait staff is more than adequate but the service was not the best (“No, I’m sorry; we are out of that particular Scotch.” Returns a few minutes later. “Oh, the bartender said we still had some.” - Did I get what I ordered or a substitute?) and the food was just okay. There was nothing flavorful about the halibut specials no matter how they were prepared. And the cobbler was no more than baked fruit with a bit of ice cream.

All-in-all, it was disappointing to average and in the end the place just can’t decide what it wants to be.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Have been here for Birthday celebrations (they have a separate room for this. The food is exceptional & servers are the best. Atmosphere is wonderful.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I've been to Jimmy's on several occasions and have always enjoyed my experience and the food. I don't think of it often as it's rather isolated from other dining "hot spots."

For business lunches it's easy to get to, great menu options, not too loud for conversation and you can get out in less than an hour.

Happy hour in the bar area is very nice - reasonable prices and the food menu includes many interesting choices beyond typical "bar food" (like lobster guacamole and spicy meatloaf!).

Date of visit: April 2018