“Great burger and fries!”

Gold Nugget Tavern and Grille
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We kept the old handcrafted favorites: the signature burgers, sandwiches, hand cut fries. Just wait until you see the 1880's bar and enjoy our happy hour specials Monday - Friday from 3-6 and 2-5 on weekends. Bring the family, the friends, the neighbors. Private room available with seating for 50 or cocktail parties for up to 75. Full service patio and deck.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Stopped here for lunch with a friend over the weekend - a local place he recommended, but my first time. Nice to see the restaurant honoring veterans with a free meal. Ordered the burger and fries and it was a great choice. Tasty, cooked perfectly and some of the best fries I've had in some time. Also a nice, relaxed atmosphere fine for couples or families. I'll be stopping in again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Its nice to go to a tavern that has a tavern atmosphere, tavern food and drinks and prompt and friendly service.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

If you order before 6 pm on a weekday, they have really good happy hour specials, including one of their burgers. Great value, good flavor.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have been to this restaurant many times, and this visit will be my last. The food has gone downhill and their prices continue to rise. My lunch companion ordered a burger and I was shocked to see that they charged $16.99 for a juicy lucy - which was dry and tasteless. This is a tavern, not an upscale steakhouse!
The Panini was just a dry, grilled sandwich that had such a tiny amount turkey that I felt like i was eating toast. The soup had obviously been made that morning as it hadn't turned into soup yet; just chopped veggies and beans in a watery broth.
I called the manager to discuss our more than disappointing experience and all he could offer was: "Obviously we didn't deliver today. I hope you'll return again".
Don't waste your money here....there are many other twin cities restaurants that actually want your business.

1  Thank L L
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Ultimate comfort food here and a fine tap list as well. Lunch, happy hour or dinner you won't be disappointed. They stick with what works and they keep people coming back.