All reviews great location nicollet mall bedroom suite target store laundry facilities power outlets parking structure coffee table marriott properties living area key card breakfast included hot breakfast within walking distance front desk staff twins game hotel guests
Reviewed 17 July 2018

In town for a wedding and I had never been to Minneapolis. I figured a hotel downtown would be a good choice because I could walk around. This Residence Inn is centrally located and close to public transportation and easy to get to any of the highways. I was staying for 6 nights.

I booked a one bedroom so I had a lot of room to move around. The view wasn't great but I didn't care. Room 1031 is at the very end of the hall which on one hand, it's far away from everyone but it's also far from the elevators so you get a little exercise. Room was nicely decorated, good AC, and the small kitchenette came in handy. There is no safe in the room, so be aware of that. But I felt safe, and I just kept anything of value in my locked suitcase. There are some minor cosmetic things that others may complain about but the room was great!

Good counter space near the sink. Comfortable king bed. I'm not sure if you can ask for foam pillows but I had down which were fine. Great water pressure, though hot water took a while. I used the coffee maker, but it was only a four cup pot. Though it was fine for me, two or more people could be a challenge. The complimentary breakfast was good. I do suggest going early. If I came down late, most of the cut fruit was gone. I just brought it up to my room.

The exercise room is rather small, but they do offer a guest pass to the YMCA up the street and I did this instead. The parking garage entrance is on La Salle and depending on your travel style, if you're not going to go in and out, do self. If not, pay the hotel and you can come and go as much as you want...$23 per day. Staff was great! Very friendly and helpful! I saw three often but spoke to Anna the most.

The only problem I encountered was the night some guests were in the room across from mine. They played their music very loud, and you could hear the bass. I could've called down, but it wasn't that bad. Plus, when I went to bed, after I closed the bedroom door, I couldn't hear anything. Other than that, this is a great place to stay if visiting.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank heuster3
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel - location right on the Skywalk system would be perfect for the harsh weather of summer or winter stays, and we wished we could have stayed longer than our one quick night!
Staff were exceptional - friendly and helpful and great to chat to! Our 2 bedroom suite was awesome as it had two ensuite bathrooms and a small kitchen and living room. TVs in all three rooms. Great happy hour with complimentary drinks and food. Great buffet breakfast as well. Cheap parking in the lot next door ($14 for overnight )... small hotel with rooms only occupying four floors ( 10 -14 ). Good security as well. Laundry facilities also really good -

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We came to the cities for the Kenny Chesney concert on May 5th. After a busy morning/afternoon shopping we checked into our hotel and were very pleasantly surprised by the good service, and how beautiful and spacious the rooms were! This hotel was within walking distance of US Bank stadium (it was about 3/4 of a mile but manageable) and there is a Target right around the corner which was handy. I will absolutely be coming back!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Right downtown by the theater and Target Center/Field district, this hotel is right in the center of things. There's nothing "WOW" about the hotel, in that it is in a rather non-descript location, and the lobby is basic chain-hotel entry. This is a Residence Inn like most others, just that it is in downtown Minneapolis. Convenience is the top thing going for it here. Parking in the LaSalle Court parking garage next door cost us $22 for the whole weekend (Friday night until Sunday morning). The parking garage elevator drops you right off at the first floor where you can enter the hotel across the lobby. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and nice to chat with. Breakfast was nice - typical continental breakfast fare. The Skywalk (interior walkway all over downtown Minneapolis) is connected to the building, so we never had to go outside to get to our Saturday night concert at the State Theater, or our walk to Fogo De Chao or all the way over to see the US Bank Stadium. A great stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HuskerCob
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay in downtown area! Staff was very friendly and service-oriented. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good, and there are a number a really good restaurants nearby too. Parking garage is also reasonably priced. Will definitely return!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business