“Overnight Get-a-Way”

Crowne Plaza Northstar
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Decided on a last minute overnight get-a-way and stumbled upon the Crown Plaza on Hotwire. Enjoyed a wonderful front desk experience which included a free upgrade, well appointed room, great fitness center and the cozy Krona lounge. Great location as we were able to walk to Orchestra Hall for a performance and stopped at McCormick and Schmidt's restaruant on Nicolette Ave for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Northstar

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We used Travelocity and there was an option to book a mystery hotel where you pay first then you get to see what hotel you stay in, we picked 3 star hotels and up and surprisingly got one for very cheap (around 55 dollars!) and it was the Crowne Plaza Northstar. Parking was no problem and we walked in and were amazed at how nice it was, I have stayed in places for over 100 a night that werent anywhere close to this nice and its also in a great location for walking to bars, restaurants, clubs, anything you would need. I would have given it 5 stars because the room was perfect and everything went well til about 4 am some "bros" got in a fist fight or something on my floor in the hallway (I call them bros cuz thats literally all i heard them say was bro this and get off me bro, was actually kind of entertaining as I didnt need to wake up at any time specific!) the cops then showed up and kept me up for a bit longer with all their radio talk and whatnot. Anyways it must have been pretty violent because there was quite a bit of blood spatter on the walls in the morning! I didnt feel in danger really they have pretty secure rooms and I know it was just a freak incident and was in no way the hotels fault but I had to give it 4 just based on my experience. Dont let that scare you though this hotel was amazing and the women at the front desk were amazingly helpful and polite (even gave me a discount on parking!) I would most definately and probably will stay here again in the future!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here one night 2/4/12. My husband and I were going to Timberwolves basketball game. Hotel is an nice easy walk either outside or skyway to target center. Maybe 10 minute walk. Stayed in room 1620. One of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. In your room is linen spray, eye mask and ear plugs, but did not use. Room had 1 king bed, that was very comfortable. Window had blinds, and view of downtown. Plenty of lamps, and desk had 3 outlets on lamp, and 2 others on desk so plenty of charging options. There was flat screen tv, coffee maker with supplies, iron and board. Bathroom had a night light, ample counter space, and q-tips and cotton balls in addition to standard toiletries. Could have used a few more towels though. Parking ramp is connnected, so very conveinent. Did not eat any any restaurants here. Was very nice, and would stay in again.

2  Thank nursecommander
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed a couple of nights on a trip combining business and pleasure. I stay in hotels more than 40 nights a year and this was the best overall experience I have had in a couple of years. Amita and Taylor at the desk were both super helpful and the rest of the staff that I dealt with were also excellent. I ate at both the cafe and the lounge and was pleased with both. The parking garage is confusing but its close and as a hotel guest the parking is very reasonably priced relative to other downtown options.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Minneapolis on business and I found the hotel staff to be incredibly friendly, the room spotlessly clean and the location incredibly convenient. Check-in & out were a breeze and the room was nicely appointed. This is not a "fancy" hotel, but it is a great location. The hotel is connected to the Skyway and has complimentary 24-hr access to a small fitness center and a great breakfast cafe on the 7th floor. Overall I don't think this would be my first choice if I was visiting on leisure (try the Westin or the Grand especially for a little classier accomodations), but I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again in the future. The only two noticable cons to the hotel were the blinds in the room (I couldn't quite get them to close all the way) and I did note that the walls seemed to carry sounds well. However, neither of these items disturbed my sleep so they are minor cons in my opinion. There is a garden plaza in the middle of the hotel with benches, trees and what looked like fire pits which I would imagine is quite lovely in other times of the year (snow covered this area when I visited). I would say that the hotel is very good choice if you are traveling on business, but the price wasn't that much cheaper than other hotels in the downtown area which I would prefer if traveling on leisure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business