“Good food and friendly service”

Kwan's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #696 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We met some friends here for dinner recently. Kwan's has the basic Chinese food offerings and the owner is very friendly and accommodating. There is not a lot of room inside the restaurant, but they also have tables outside that are comfortable on a nice Minnesota day. Service was quick and the price is reasonable. We all enjoyed our meals, but the Kung Pao that I had was not very spicy as indicated on the menu. It was still good, but I prefer my food on the spicy side. They offer wine and beer with your meal. They do a lot of carry out business and would be a good stop if you are in the neighborhood and want some Chinese food to take home. It offers good food, friendly service and good value. They is a parking lot around the corner, but it is not large and you may have to park on the street.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

The service is good, kinda makes you feel like you're at your friends house eating. The food is very reasonably priced, ~$9/plate. The portions are not huge, it's enough that you can finish it and not be stuffed. I really like that. If you're used to eating at Pei Wei, P.F. Changs, or A typical Chinese restaurant, this place is a bit different. The food tastes homemade, the flavors are not as intense (no msg) and it's not really sweet. I had sweet and sour chicken and Kung pao chicken. Neither sauces were very sticky and sweet like you typically see, the Kung pao was not spicy at all (as protocol here in MN). I really like the place and the food is not exceptional but it's good. It's a very small restaurant and clean.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Family run. Reasonably priced. Imaginative menu with traditional favorite s. The kitchen is willing to adjust the spice "heat" level to individual taste. Plenty of vegetables used in the dishes.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

A neighborhood treasure. Fresh and tasty. And they always seem genuinely happy to see you. Good value.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Good stable menu and will make things to order that are not on the menu. I love the spicy pork and cabbage, my husband like cashew chicken, which is not on the menu but when ordered they always deliver with no question.
This is my home town so I go there or pick up from there a few times a year, which for me, is a lot.