“Fantastic Middle Eastern Cuisine!”

Holy Land Bakery, Grocery and Deli
Ranked #24 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Description: over 25 years of excellence our award winning restaurant has been serving the twin cities with the best meddle eastern food using Mama Fatima original recipes , and providing them with the largest selections of fresh bread , olives , cheeses , olive oil and finest imported grocery items , our meat department offers all 100% grass fed lamb , goat and beef with the highest quality available in the market (best of the best ) all HALAL-ZABIHA CERTIFIED.
Reviewed 28 December 2016

This place is amazing! I have been a fan of Holy Land ever since they first opened, and they have continued to grow their brand and gain many loyal customers. They are simply the best Middle Eastern deli/restaurant that you will find in MN. The food is prepared fresh upon ordering, and is made with the best ingredients to deliver extraordinary taste! This is no exaggeration. Everything on their menu is great and provides the tastiest options for both those who eat meat, and those who do not. Their menu also has options for kids, which is great for families looking for a friendly, dine-in environment. Everything from the salads, to hummus, gyros, kabobs, etc is fantastic. This place does not disappoint! They have a phenomenal lunch menu, which is very reasonably priced M-F until 2pm. Last point: They have the best basmati rice I have ever eaten! It is the perfect complement to their already fantastic entrees.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I seek out gyros at most times. Visiting the city and staying in the neighborhood, I had to stop. It was fast and affordable for the portions. I purchased a gyro and appetizer platter. The gyro was enough meat for two. The baba ganoush was the best I have ever had. I ate some with a spoon! I might go back and buy a pint to take home. The hummus was fantastic as well.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

First time at Holy Land and we will definitely be back! The food was excellent. The restaurant space was crowded and a bit chaotic, but only because they draw such a good business. They need another soda machine because the line was too long, and right in the middle of a walking area. Great flavor and healthy portions. Loved it!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I couldn't wait to try this place out while visiting a girlfriend. We don't have too many places where I live that serve gyros and I wanted to try this out. It was a good find for us. The gyro was good (not spectacular), but the appetizer platter gave us a taste of many things. The babaganoush and hummus were divine! They were flavorful and very authentic. The falafel was excellent, but the grape leaves were so, so.
I was thrown off by ordering at the counter when we first walked in because it was set up a little differently where the cooks are at one counter and the cashier at another, but once we got that squared away we were good to go waiting for our food to be delivered to our table. Also have to say the place was spotless! When we finished our lunch, we headed into the market and picked up some great white cheese at the cheese and olive counter. We samples 3 of them and picked out two to go. In the produce section we also sampled fresh pistachio! I had never had a fresh one before and that was a treat. Market has typical mid-eastern groceries, as well as produce and baked goods. It's a neat market and makes me wish I had one closer to where I live.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We stopped by here for a 'snack', but it ended up being our dinner. It was a bit confusing at first - you enter into the dining area, and the kitchen is right there, but no one greeted us, so we didn't understand that it was the restaurant. We walked through to the market on the other side, taking it all in and then figured out where the restaurant was and went back over. We ordered the hummus (heard about it on DDD) and tabouleh. Best hummus ever. The tabouleh was very good as well and the servings of both were huge. We didn't finish either one, taking it with us. Both were served with pita,which was very fresh. The chicken looked very good - wish we could have tried that.