“Great food in a cozy setting”
Review of Saguaro - CLOSED

Saguaro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We have eaten at Saguaro twice within the last two weeks - my husband and I with other couples. We all loved the food. Specialty drinks are very good. We had the cucumber/cilantro Margaritas, prickly pear jalapeño Margarita, and the Desperado. We have tried the fajitas, chimichanga, barbacoa quesadilla, shrimp and scallop grits. Also the house made chips and guacamole. All was very good. So glad this place is in our neighborhood!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I don't claim to know authentic, Mexican, Southwest, Tex-Mex or Arizona food and don't care.

We were in town in late Sept and staying in the Edina area so decided to try this late on a Friday night. The place looked busy and a table opened up so we squeezed in. The server explained this was Arizona Southwest food and the concept. We tried the steak fajitas, the chimichangas, and the quesadillas. Portions were a good size, not monstrous, but more than adequate. The food was fresh tasting and well composed. I really like fajitas but don't eat them often; these were among the best I have tried. The steak and vegetables were crisp and had a nice char; the corn flours and other ingredients were excellent. I really enjoyed this, as did the rest of the table. Good satisfying meal that hit the spot with a few beers. If I was ever back in the area I would return.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We liked this small neighborhood spot. Good parking in back. Friendly servers. We were told food is made fresh on site. They also make and sell their own salsa. Flavors were good, but a little too spicy for me.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I've eaten at Saguaro twice in the last month. Arizona-Mexican food is how it was explained. The place is simple in decorating, pretty up close and personal in seating and the food is delicious! I love this little neighborhood spot on the corner of 53rd and Lyndale in south Minneapolis and highly recommend! The fish taco's in a soft flour tortilla and raspberry, chocolate, goat cheese dessert are a must! Portions are not huge so try an appetizer as well. Good service. A new favorite for sure!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Stopped in on a weekday night and had a great meal.
The food is freshly made to order and very flavorful - the tacos are delicious, as was the quesadilla with barbacoa pork - yum!
Loved the prickly pear margarita - the staff was friendly and very attentive!
We will be back!