1,480 results
All reviewscookies and milkfiltered waterpool areafree shuttlean older hotelshuttle servicenice poolpool and hot tubconvention centerfew blocksking suitetwins gamewithin walking distanceice machinecomfortable bedsdowntown areafront desk staff
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My employer put me up in this hotel when I was visiting Minneapolis for work. The hotel staff were friendly, the pool and hot tub looked awesome (never used it), the room was nice enough, and the location of the hotel was awesome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and should I visit Minneapolis again, I will look to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Happyhotels405, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

It is great knowing that you would stay with us again. Our central downtown location is very convenient. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had a wonderful room, greeted by friendly staff, and thanked for our stay. Courteous staff even offered shuttle to concert we were in town for. A great experience, and another fabulous stay at this location. The only negative is the older/aged smell upon entering - part of the old charm?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alicia, thank you for the perfect review and recommendation. I am glad to see that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you next time you are in Downtown Minneapolis.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Group was staying here; conference rate was very high for what you got here. Great shuttle when it was available. Rooms clean but in need of update. Very nice shuttle and pool. The restaurant's bartender was not a friendly person. He was rude and insisted on closing before 10:30 every night even though there was a full house. He told us to walk down the street which we felt was uncalled for. The hotel offers coffee in the a.m. (no creamer) however there is nothing for coffee within walking distance. Bring your own shampoo etc. the offered sample size amenities were the smallest we've ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Happyhotels405, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

I am glad to know that while your overall stay was pleasant, you did experience a few bumps along the way. Please accept my apologies for the unfriendly bartender. Since I don't know the date this happened I will work with the General Manager of the restaurant and we will use this as a training opportunity. We offer 2 kinds of creamer in the lobby with the coffee dairy and non- dairy, I believe we were replacing the dairy creamer when you went to get coffee. I wish we had known that you needed more shampoo, we would have gladly given you as many bottles as needed. We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the Downtown Minneapolis area.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The bed was prob best I have ever slept in. Hotel has a cute midevil charm to it. Had to go around block once to find parking lot. It had room when I pulled in at 9:30pm to check in. Room very clean. Would def recommend. Super soft fluffy pillow.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jes G

Jes, thank you for the perfect rating and review of your stay with us. The mattress that we use in our guest rooms is Serta, Cheshire Elite V Euro Top. Our pillows are called A Touch of Down by Pacific Coast. We hope that you will stay with us

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in June for Back to the Fifties car show. The hotel was pretty easy to find, right downtown, close to many amenities. We were able to walk to the Vikings stadium, Target, etc with ease.

Upon check in, we were told the price to park per day was higher than what I had been told by hotels.com. I was upset about this and told the gentleman at the desk that we hadn't planned for that and that there should be updated information. He told me that they weren't liable for other websites and wouldn't do anything to help. Granted, it was only a few dollars, but he could have easily given me the price I was told (even had my confirmation printed where it showed that) and it wouldn't have hurt them at all. Would have made my review 5 stars.

Room was clean, quiet and had the amenities we needed. Enjoyed the separate shower/toilet space from the sink area so we could get ready when someone was showering. The curtains in the room are definite black outs and we slept way later than we were intending to one day because of it. That was my favorite part!

Pool area was nice. We sat in hot tub and also in chairs around the deck. Was peaceful.

They do have cookies and milk at 10pm and they were delicious! There was a gathering every night around that time for them. Totally worth it.

Restaurant looked amazing but we didn't eat there at all-no time. They open the windows in the front so it's like a little French bistro. So cute. They were super friendly when we walked through and it was busy every night.

Elevators were slow and smelled gross, but no big deal. When we rode once, a front desk person told us he was riding because someone had complained that it was smelling like smoke. We didn't notice smoke, just old smell.

Parking worked well, checkout was a breeze. They allow dogs but there were never any running around or being obnoxious. I only saw a couple late at night.

Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Happyhotels405, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Amanda, I am very pleased to know that your overall stay was good. I greatly apologize for my staff not being flexible and take care of your concerns about the parking charge. I know that I am not able to undo what has already been done but I have processed a refund for the parking charges for your stay. I hope that you will stay with us next year for the Back to the 50s car show.