“Upscale Neighborhood Spot”
Review of La Fresca

La Fresca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fresca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 1,948 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My friends and I met for our Dining Club at this location. You can make reservations for larger groups which is recommended because the location is small and you could have a small wait for dinner some nights. Restaurant has a full bar with seating as well.
We had a delightful time here. The menu lists first, second, entrée and dessert courses. We shared an appetizer (guacamole and blue chips) and some of us had appetizers for dinner while others had the entrée portion for dinner. Sea Bass, Scallops, and Carne Asada were our excellent choices. The restaurant is heavy on fish options which are very, very good and highly recommended. Tortillas are homemade and of the mini variety. The plating is lovely and very eye appealing. The food is definitely upscale, light Mexican, heavy on flavors and heat. Portion sizes are on the smaller size but filling just the same. Décor is appealing. Pricing is more like downtown than neighborhood but still a good value. A wonderful evening for all.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I Love this place. It's tucked in with cute shops on a revitalized neighborhood corner, 48th and Grand in south Minneapolis. I actually walked by here every day on my way to Washburn High school! The food is fabulous at La Fresca so I'm giving it a five star review but it's a tight space and expensive. An easy $100.+ meal for a couple (with appetizers) which you will need if you have an appetite. The portions are small. Nice date night place. Also has a happy hour. Recommend.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Had a wonderful dinner at La Fresca in South Minneapolis. This is a great neighborhood restaurant featuring excellent Mexican dishes. The service was friendly, and very competent and all the dishes our party ordered were excellent. The Carne Asada is outstanding and the serving size was generous. I would also highly recommend the Guacamole appetizer. I had the scallops and the flavor was outstanding but I felt the serving size (3 scallops) was a little meager.

1  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

This place is a gem. It is a cozy neighborhood cafe and the food is amazing! So fresh and light. The guacamole was outrageous and the margaritas were delicious.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Two couples had dinner on a weekday evening, and everyone found the experience wonderful. The decor was charming, the drinks perfect (try the margarita's!), the Mexican-themed entree's fresh and flavorful, and the service superb. We sat outside on their intimate patio and had a marvelous time; highly recommended!