“Brian Setzer Orchestra Show”
Review of State Theatre

State Theatre
Ranked #51 of 229 things to do in Minneapolis
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Love this Theatre ! Painted ceilings are not to be missed. Bar line moved quickly , drinks are somewhat spendy. A true MN place to go !

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is an historic theater...not a bad seat in the house. It has been restored to perfection & such a great venue.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Went to the ZZ Ward/ Kaleo concert and was in then upper level, It was so cold we had to leave! When we walked down to the main level, people were standing in the lobby sweating!! The temp. was 90 degrees! I told them to go to our seats to cool down. Will never go here again! Ticket cost $170.00 lost. This was our BIG date night and we don't get many! I gave it two stars for the great parking ramp and the restaurant in the mall area!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We saw Dancing with the Stars and our seats were in a great location, although I don't believe there are many bad seats in the house. My seat did have a broken spring and we let the people know, they offered to move us so that was nice. I feel like this is a place you should check out if you have any interest in live acting/plays.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I recently visited this theatre from several hours out-of-town to see a concert by an act that does not come around very frequently. I was looking forward to this rare treat. Walking into the concert area from the lobby, I was instantly struck by its beauty. Unfortunately, it didn't take me long to notice that there are no speakers aiming toward the majority of the balcony area, save for the first couple of rows. As a fan of watching talented bands from a higher perspective, this is a considerable disappointment as the sound is greatly hindered in much of this area -- not just the upper rows. My second gripe is, unknown to me when purchasing the tickets, the theatre imposes a curfew on the performers. At the show I attended, the venue required the artist to end the show by 10:30pm, and the artist had to cut songs out of the planned setlist to meet this requirement. Enormously disappointing. I paid for these tickets to enjoy an evening of wonderful musicianship and to hear all that the artist had to say in as much time as the artist needed to say it. Had I known of this curfew, I would have chosen to see the artist in another city. With this knowledge now, I will never attend another performance at this venue.