“Best pho i ever had”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I thought I didn't like pho, but apparently I had never had the right pho! The meat was very tender and it was very flavorful. I wanted to cry when I couldn't finish it. I was just too full. Yum!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Today, my family and I found ourselves traveling through Minneapolis to the airport at dinnertime. My husband has told me for years about this great little Vietnamese restaurant he used to go to near U of Minnesota in the late 1980s, so when he suggested it today, I said, sure, let's go! I was not disappointed, my husband was delighted and even our kids liked it! The spring rolls were delicious (the peanut sauce was among the best I've ever had,) and our entrees were also wonderful. Hubby and I had the spicy lemongrass chicken, one child had curry chicken and the other had chicken fried rice. I wish this restaurant were in Baltimore! We have vietnamese restaurants here that I really like, but Bona surpasses them!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Right next to UoMn campus where he light rail transit runs right through. Spacious seating. Friendly staff. Mostly campus students. Hence affordable meals. Beef phó broth was delicious. Meat was thinly sliced & tender.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Bona has the best pho and eggrolls around, in my opinion. It is also inexpensive and consistent. Yes, it gets pretty packed over lunch, and there is good reason for that, but they have several tables and I have always received rapid service no matter how busy they are. I have never waited for a seat. The pho is flavorful and fresh and the meat is always super tender.
My regular order: eggrolls, the "C" (classic pho), and tricolor desert drink (shaved ice, coconut cream, and chewy jellies).

You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Pho is is decent. A bit pricey compared to other Pho restaurants. Sandwiches are ok. Overall decent experience.

1  Thank CodeRed2015