“Keeps me coming back”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Bona has the best pho and eggrolls around, in my opinion. It is also inexpensive and consistent. Yes, it gets pretty packed over lunch, and there is good reason for that, but they have several tables and I have always received rapid service no matter how busy they are. I have never waited for a seat. The pho is flavorful and fresh and the meat is always super tender.
My regular order: eggrolls, the "C" (classic pho), and tricolor desert drink (shaved ice, coconut cream, and chewy jellies).

You will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Pho is is decent. A bit pricey compared to other Pho restaurants. Sandwiches are ok. Overall decent experience.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank CodeRed2015
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I don't know if it's good or bad that Bona is located right around the corner of my office...I have tried various phos but also cream cheese wontons, sweet and sour chicken and other Asian staples they offer. The food is awesome!! Full of flavor, very well seasoned and what might be the best is that you never wait more than 10 mins for your food. I don't know how these guys do it....the lunch rush at Bona is seriously busy each weekday but yet, the service is always spot-on. They also offer Banh Mi for takeout. For $5.50 you get an outstanding quick lunch, too! I am totally in love with this place.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I have been here several times. They have phở with a vegetable broth as a vegan option, and while it isn't the most flavorful soup ever, it is pretty good. They also have a long list of tofu/mock duck dishes. I have had the mock duck with Chinese broccoli a few times. It tastes like a kind of generic sweet stir fry dish, but it is pretty good. The one thing I don't like is the vegetarian bánh mì that they came out with recently. It has a weird sweet, vinegary taste with crispy bits of noodle and tofu in it. It just doesn't make a very good sandwich. It is usually very crowded at lunch time, and you will get minimal attention from the waitstaff.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016

There is no better Vietnamese cuisine than that served at the Bona near the University of Minnesota campus. Each dish is prepared by Vietnamese cooks. The owner and all the servers are Vietnamese. They certainly know their Vietnamese food and can advise diners to suit their tastes. It is a great place to go to try a variety of extraordinary dishes. I have been dining there frequently for about 30 years. I would not return so often if I weren't hooked on this restaurant and its food.

Date of visit: October 2016