“Good food, horrible service”

Loring Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Loring Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,985 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Waitress was nice but had no clue about the menu or what the soup of the day was...ordered an appetizer but our salads came first, then the appetizer and before we cld get a bite our entrees showed up. The 1 drink I ordered was half full. The food was good but don’t waste your time dining here.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

The building itself is the best part if visiting this restaurant, with its high ceiling showing off very old rafters.

The pot-sticker appetizer was pretty good. My penne dish was also pretty good. Nothing remarkable, for the price. The entrees offered are about eight pasta dishes and eight entrees such as salmon.

Service was generally okay but my water glass and iced tea glass sat empty for long stretches of time as a thirstily watched the the waitress walk by without a glance.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018

One of my favorite bands in the world, Cafe Accordion Orchestra, is a regular attraction here. On Sundays, they have a live tango band and lots of good tango dancers. Everything on the menu is good. The room is what wonderland would have looked like if Alice had eaten the entire mushroom.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Just got home from dinner and drinks at Loring Bar and Restaurant. I have to say it is probably the worst service I have had in a restaurant in quite a while. We were promptly seated. Immediately we were served water and given our menus and then we waited and waited and waited..finally my friend had to get up! and go and ask for a server some 20 minutes later. A few minutes later a server came. She offered no apology. She didn't know anything about the happy hour. She left to find answers to our very reasonable questions: for example, what is the house red wine? We then see her return, seat another table and take their order while avoiding eye contact with us! She disappears again and then finally returns with an answer. We give our drinks and appetizer order. At some point, she serves our drinks and appetizer and is about to walk off! We have to ask if we can place our order for dinner. I must admit the food came in a reasonable time. I had the chicken with cream sauce and capers, broccolini and saffron rice. Overall, very tasty. My friend had a pasta dish that she too enjoyed. Then the bill comes and it is incorrect ... Ugh, ugh, ugh I won't go on. Awful service and no customer service skills. I really wanted to say something to the manager but somehow got the feeling it wouldn't make a difference. But, good job to the chefs, the food was good.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

While in Minneapolis recently, some co-workers insisted we go to the Loring Pasta Bar, of which they had fond memories. Rebranded now as Loring Bar and Restaurant, I found myself wondering what the appeal was. The food was average at best and the atmosphere a tad depressing. The place might be good for drinks, but the area offers better options for a meal.

Date of visit: July 2018