“Just 5 minutes from the downtown area. Excellent option!”
Review of Kafe 421

Kafe 421
Reserve with OpenTable
Kafe 421 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,979 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: Between 4th & 5th Street
Transit: University of Minnesota area, so bus stops are prevalent
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Great food and service. Instead of lining up at restaurants such as McKinney Roe or Spoon and Stable for a table, try this location instead. The staff is way more charming and the meal portions are generous. It is also cheaper.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

For $30 the special was a good deal- we both got a salad and entree of our choice from the preset menu for the special in addition to a desert to split. Wine is $5 during this time as well, which makes it around $50 for two people in total. I had the mushroom & squash risotto, which was rich but delicious.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We were at the U of M for Gopher Baseball and looking for an early dinner before the game, I had done some searching online and we decided this place sounded good. We ordered the sample appetizer plate and also the Calamari. My husband said the Calamari was the best he has ever had and the sample plate was perfection. The menu is varied, something for everyone, and reasonably priced. We sat outside at cloth covered tables. Ask for the bread and garlic olive oil for dipping, someone at another table told us to order the bread and it must have been complimentary as they did not charge us for it. Next time we will try dessert as that was also recommended.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Okay, so first thing, while there are Mediterranean dishes on the menu, I would NOT call this a Mediterranean restaurant, because there is so much more on the menu.
In fact the majority of the menu is not what I'd consider Mediterranean. With that out of the way, the food we had was excellent. The harvest salad which we split before our meal was terrific, with a great combination of flavors. The saffron chicken, which is a house specialty (I understand) was very good, and the spices did not overwhelm the dish. My wife had the scallops which were perfectly prepared, and also delicious. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful, and like the place, just eccentric enough to make the night interesting. We'd definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have eaten at this restaurant many times, and I have always had a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is not exceptional. It certainly can't compare to the interior of the Loring Cafe. But it is charming and quaint. The service is excellent, but it is the food that will bring you back to this place. We started with an appetizer platter, which was a lot of good, all very good. I especially liked the artichoke dip. For dinner, I had the scallops, and this was perfect. Tasty and original--it was like nothing I had had before. I strongly recommend this dish.