“When In Greece”
Review of It's Greek to Me

It's Greek to Me
Reserve with OpenTable
It's Greek to Me is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 1,980 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2017

My wife decided to book a reservation for Fathers Day. It had been several years since our previous visit, in which we were not as overwhelmed with the food and service. This time, however, was different. To start, we had ordered the Greek Salad and Octopodi. Bother were fantastic and portions were reasonable to share with my wife and our 10 year old son. My son ordered the beef kebobs, which were fantastic while my wife had the avegolemono which was a light and savory soup. I had ordered the dolmades, which was good - but could have been seasoned more in the meat. For dessert, my wife had the chocolate cake, same for my son, while I had the baklava. Overall the food was great and the service from Demetri was equally as good. Thank you for renewing my likeness for this place as we will be back.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank matt5mn

Reviewed 29 May 2017

The drink menu is innovative, our server was attentive and helpful. The inside dining room on the side is nicely decorated and the patio area is very inviting. Tables at back of restaurant are less than ideal. The reason for the low rating though is the food. The saganaki is good, but that is the only thing we really enjoyed. All of the entrees ordered were way too salty, took away from any other seasoning or natural taste else. The vegetable of the night was green beans, which were cooked to limp and tasteless (except for the salt). Also, the menu isn’t as varied as it looks. Many items listed, but in reading the descriptions, there are several that are just slightly different version of meat in olive oil with peppers and onions. Net is there are better Greek restaurants in the city and the others are less expensive.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This is a great place to have a meal before or after a show at the Jungle Theater, which is next door. The traditional Greek food includes the usual dishes, Moussaka, Spanakopita, stuffed tomatoes and Greek salads. They have reasonably priced wine list and the service is excellent.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank DL2Some
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We sat outside on the patio with it's beautiful fountain listening to the sounds of the water fall. The patio is very pleasant and relaxing. The service was great and the food is very authentic. There is also a full bar and a nice wine list. The portions are very generous - we ordered the Combination Tigania and Gyro dinner and had sufficient leftovers for another meal. Reasonably priced and friendly staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Kathleen V
Reviewed 15 February 2017

By far, the best and most authentic Greek food in the area, period!!! The flavors are so delicious and the lamb is prepared to perfection. I could easily go there once a week but for putting a bit of a dent in my pocket book. The new owner is extremely friendly and lives up to the traditions of the original flavors by making several trips to Greece to keep up with the older and newer trends. A dining experience I could not do without!!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2017