“Easily the best pizza”

Add it.
Crescent Moon Pizza
Ranked #806 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I was out here last week with some friends on our first visit to Minneapolis, and a friend from the city said we should go here. I had never had any Afghani food before, but was intrigued by these football shaped pizzas. We got an onion, meat lovers, and veggie pizzas to share between our group of about 8. The pizza, toppings, and extra sauces they provide were OUT OF THIS WORLD. It really does make NY, Greek, or Boston pizzas look like a huge joke. They have a nice selection of middle eastern drinks also, I had the chai smoothie, and it was really different. Never had a chai like that and it was a nice change to have a real chai versus gross sugar powder.

1  Thank Kurt T

Reviewed 25 April 2016

my mentor introduced me to this restaurant when i was in minneapolis and i had a super cheese loaded football shaped pizza. i have had a lot of different pizza's but this was different. Not only was it yummy, also it was interestingly designed (like a american soccer ball).
Interesting dinner i had that night!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

A family-owned business that has become an institution in Minneapolis. This is a sister business to the Crescent Moon Bakery in Northeast Minneapolis on Central Avenue. This is located very close to the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota. The chicken kabab sandwich and yummy fries are the best lunch around!

Reviewed 14 July 2015

dubbed the "football pizza" now; because of it's shape and better marketing name... it's easily our favorite pizza of anywhere.

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

My friends decided to go here for dinner. This is my first time & I loved it. The staff where friendly. The place is clean. I loved the fact that there was a great diversity of clients eating here. I ordered the #18. It was a platter of meat samples, with a salad, rice & pita bread. They also have two sauces at their restaurant. My pick was the cilantro sauce. My friends ordered the football pizza with gyro meat & other goods. They liked it. The hanging lamps are beautiful. They have 2 locations. We went to the Central location. Check out this place!