“Lunch Buffet Friday!”

Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a friend recommend the Friday lunch buffet and he was not wrong! Oh, boy; we arrived hungry and left fat, dumb and happy. The setting was so cozy with so many pictures and accents. The owner even stopped by our table twice to thank us for coming in!

The food was outstanding, especially for a chilly fall day. I could not stop eating the sweet potato fritters and would love the recipe for lentil soup. The lamp was perfectly spiced and tender. The vegetable curry accompanied everything on the plate very well. I also liked the sauteed broccoli. There were no bad choices on the buffet and everyone at the table raved about something different (though we all agreed on the sweet potatoes!).

I can't wait to go back and get my fill again!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Every place i arive when traveling i search for indian food, and i got to gorkha palace.
Great food, good, kind and wellcoming service.
Defently recommanded
I will be back again.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My experience at Gorkha palace was not the most pleasant. The atmosphere is fine but the bathroom needed some upkeep and I don’t think the prices match the quality/value of the food. I judge value based on if I could make it better myself. Well, that is the case for the palak paneer and chicken tikka masala. While it was edible and fine, Aldi’s canned tikka masala sauce has more flavor and kick which says a lot. Maybe it was a bad day in the kitchen?

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

After spending the day at the Minneapolis Auto Show, my suggested we stop here for an early dinner. She had driven by here numerous times and was curious to see what it was like.

I’m glad she did, because the food was delicious! The flavors were wonderful. We started with their mo-mo combination, there were six of them in all, with three different fillings. They are like steamed Chinese potstickers. They were very good appetizers. For the main dish we had Chicken Tikka Masala and a vegetarian mixed vegetable curry. Both were also delicious and served with basmati rice. Portion size was just right for the two of us, but if you have a large appetite, you may need to order another dish.

Service was very good and the waiter took his time to explain the menu as it was our first time in their establishment. I noticed they have also been recognized by City Pages numerous times for both good food and service!

The prices were perhaps a little on the higher side, but I didn’t think they were outrageous. Considering how good it tasted, we were not disappointed with the cost.

Overall we thought the food was great!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great food, nice ambiance. Slightly expensive than regular Indian restaurants but totally worth it. No Buffet