“Conveniently Located”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This Applebee's is conveniently located within The Graduate hotel on U of M Campus. Since we were staying in the hotel while attending the USA Intercollegiate National Racquetball Tournament held on campus, it was easy to simply walk across the street and get lunch at Applebee's--so convenient we ate there every day and just ordered something different each time. They were also able to host a team dinner (25-30 people) with no problem. Nice to have half priced appetizers after 9--because they were half price we ordered twice as many and tried some new things.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stopped in about 2 1/2 hours before a Gophers football game. They weren't very busy yet, so we were seated immediately and our server was very polite and efficient.

I was quite disappointed with my frozen strawberry "perfect" margaritas. They were served in a very lightweight disposable plastic cup like a place might give someone who orders a free cup of water. The first time, the server forgot that I ordered strawberry, so he put a squirt of syrup in it and I stirred it up. I ordered a second one and asked for an appropriate glass. It came in a larger game-day type of plastic cup. What the heck!? I'm a 50-something diner, not a toddler. It's not like I could ask for a lid and walk around town with it. It was barely even pink and was too heavy on the lime juice and too light on the tequila and strawberry.

Our meals were better. I had the 4 cheese mac n cheese with honey pepper chicken tenders which was good but certainly didn't look like the picture on the menu that was loaded with bacon - mine wasn't. My friend had the all day brunch burger with fries, and he said it was really good.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were here at a weird time - between lunch and dinner - and there was almost no one in the restaurant. Our service was great and very speedy. Our food was good.

The staff was very helpful. We have a family member who has a nut allergy. Our waitress and the manager helped her choose a safe meal that would not have any nut contamination so she could have a safe meal. It is unfortunate that Applebees as a chain doesn't try to make more of the menu safe, but having an allergen menu accessible to staff is a great first step in being allergy friendly. I greatly appreciated their concern.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

It's Applebee's, the food is reliable in its mediocrity. The service here though was very good and the staff were friendly. Would go again for a late night snack or drink.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I always go to Applebee's for their mock tails and sweet potato fries with 3 dips wonderful appetisers are delicious and filling

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!