“Great Coffee Bring Cash”
Review of Cafe Patteen

Cafe Patteen
Ranked #39 of 121 Coffee & Tea in Minneapolis
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

It is a blessing and a curse to work right above this cafe! The coffee is great and the baked goods are made fresh every morning. I particularly like the savory scones and cinnamon scones. Keep in mind that Cafe Patteen only accepts cash.

1  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

I stopped in for an afternoon snack. I didn't get coffee or espresso.

Their scones and muffins looked like they were picked over, with lots of broken pieces and crumbs.

I had a big piece of pumpkin spice cake. It was huge and only cost a few dollars. I took it home to share with my wife. Neither of us cared for it.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Really excellent coffee and fantastic pastry. It's on the skyway level of the oracle center. Go here if you're staying downtown and need coffee. Blows the doors off Starbucks or Dunn bros.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

It’s always funny to see a line outside of Caribou or Starbucks when one of the best local coffee shops in all of my travels all over the US is right nearby.
I always get the large Sumatra, the owner knows my order, it is super-fast, and the coffee is one of the best cups I’ve ever had. This is all on a consistent basis, every morning. From product to execution this place is amazing. I think it is actually cheaper than the others as well.
The yogurt parfait is made with real ingredients, yogurt, homemade granola, sweetened with a touch of honey and real fruit. Addicting. The baked goods aren’t the healthiest – probably why I only get them on occasion, but they are delicious! The banana bread is my favorite, but the scones are also to die for, with creative and ever changing flavors to-boot.
The staff is so nice, always full of smiles and they take time to say hi to everyone. I am so sad my project is over and I will not be able to visit Café Patteen anymore. It was truly a highlight of my time in Minneapolis, and that says a lot about a coffee shop!!

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I loved their scones! I don't even have a reason to go downtown, but once I get a craving from a scone from Cafe Patteen, I am there. Go, you won't be sorry. I love their raspberry white chocolate scone.