“Decent Food”

Teresa's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Located in Menota Heights, I have visited this place multiple times. The ambiance is good, the food quality and portion are above average. I would recommend trying this place.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This used to be our weekly go to for nights that got to late to cook. And a regular spot for our big extended family dinners. Then a while back they changed the menu, downgraded the quality+flavor, and raised the prices. Since then we've come back every few months to try the food only to be disappointed time and again. Their street tacos are some of the worst in the twin cities. Stale tortillas, rubbery meat, and what taste like canned verde salsa. So bummed.

I'm giving them 2 stars for the free chips n salsa and reasonably priced margaritas. I'd give them 3 if the service had been great, but this last time it seemed like everyone just wanted to go home n were annoyed that they had to work the evening shift.

Bummer

Thank NeverStopExplor... X
Reviewed 22 August 2018

This the second time I have visited Theresa's Mexican Restaurant, though the first time at the Mendota Heights location. (My other visit was to the Lakeville? location.) I was worried it might not be as good as I remembered; sometimes when popular restaurants open up second/additional locations they are not as good.

Anyway, the food was excellent. The prices are mid-range, but you do get a very good amount of food and if you're not a huge eater, you probably will be able to take enough for lunch the next day.

Parking: Free
Accessible: Yes
Ambiance: Average. Place gets loud when there is busy. Limited patio seating (that looks out on the parking lot.)

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Located in Mendota Heights with great access to parking makes this a favorite spot to locals. We come here without planning & have always been seated promptly. Our favorite is the pull pork in salsa verde, tangy & well seasoned. Since it is summer I tried the Cebiche in Tajin sauce, well balanced spice & very fresh seafood. The margarita on the rocks was just right for dining on the patio. Also, we highly recommend the Mocajeta, a stone cooked mixed of seafood with veggies that always is a crowd pleaser. The menu has a lot to offer & had something for everyone.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Always friendly, fast, and delicious!! No matter the time of day, you're seated and waited on quickly. Food is always hot and fresh, margaritas are outstanding, and you'll love the prices. My favorite is the Mango, avocado, chicken salad. It's enough for 2 meals. Thanks Teresa's, we'll keep coming back!!