See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Really like this place, clean and updated, right on the lake. Has the ma and pa feel in a fun little town next door to the city park. We'll be back this summer to catch some fish. Thanks for a great stay

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2015

We had a great experience over the 2 day we stayed . 4 rooms 1 night and 7 the next
We are so happy with the resort we have booked for next year. I will recommend it to my friends . I will stay there anytime . wonderful beach for children and boating , or just sitting on the lake. small yes but we did not want to be inside . Rooms are clean and comfortable. Very nice owners Mary helped us get everything we needed.

Room Tip: Easy to come and go close to local stores. but on the edge of town
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JuneEdstromProvo
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We were driving on Hwy 71 and happened to see this place. Rates are good, beds are new, place is being really spruced up by the new owners. We happened to have our fishing poles with so we are going to get some bait and fish off their dock. Oh, did I mention it is on a lake? You get use of a canoe with room, or you can rent a fishing boat or a pontoon boat. We will be staying here again. Love the "mom&pop" motels!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2015

First, I want to thank the new owners of Spirit Lake Motel for their sincere efforts, dedication and commitment, to keep a place like this "alive", in the day and age when places like this that i visited with my parents as a child, are sadly disappearing. In the ever fast pace of work and home, I enjoy the things in life that allow me to "recharge", forget about work, forget about time or the things i was suppose to, or have to do. Spirit Lake Motel, is one of these "magical" places. We just stayed Friday and Saturday nights July 30 & 31. Much to our surprise, there was a wedding planned for Saturday (I believe it was the first one for the new owners as well) right there with the ceremony held right on the beach. Friday we had great conversation meeting a couple of folks staying involved with the wedding, and after sitting by the beach, sitting by the lake, sitting by the fire, listening to the outdoor band playing about a block down as they do on Friday nights (and a couple adult beverages) got invited to sit in and be part of their wedding day on Saturday. Let me just say..... By the end of day and it was all over, we knew where we would would like to consider for our day.....it was the coolest, most unique setting right in the sand on beach.......great job done! It is now known: Spirit Lake Motel, can be a wedding destination. After the week end came to a close and after the pontoon boat rides, free canoe use with room, swimming and the best thing of all......we were able to get the separation from work and life's pressures with the abundance of the things to do. Thank you new owners for keeping the little mom and pop resort destination alive. We already made reservations for next year.....

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shane B
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

The Spirit Lake Motel is under new ownership- and WOW have they turned it around! All the hard work and effort they are putting in is really improving the place that we have stayed at a few times.
This is NOW a motel I would definitely recommend- and I can't forget to mention that the lake view is spectacular!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends