“Cheap sleep, but be ready for anything.”
Review of Delux Motel

Delux Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marshall
Delux Motel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 13 September 2015

My fiancee and I had to stay here while attending some business in Marshall. Checking in was simple, with the lady checking us in being polite. After that, any time in the front office was a mix of standing around waiting on someone to show up, some times friendly people, and some times people who seemed to not want to be around. There are two types of rooms, and the fairs are cheap. The room we stayed at, was near the end of the buildings, and it's front door was facing the front office. Inside the room we had stayed at, it was exactly what we expected. A very small mini fridge, a slightly old microwave, an older model tv with different channels to watch while you are there, a lounging chair with a night stand. The bed was firm and not very comfortable for either of us. But at least everything in the room worked as we needed. We were a bit uncomfortable with how tiny the bathroom felt, and how we had to wait up to 15 minutes to get the hot water to start up for a shower. The AC was very loud, and made it hard to sleep on the warm nights. One thing that bothered both of us was a window beside the AC, that had nothing covering it at all. Which led to an event I will explain in a moment. If you are going there to do anything that requires internet or phone calls, be ready to have to visit somewhere else to use either. Internet worked for maybe about 20-30 minutes in the day, but then the rest of the day it was gone. And neither of us were able to use our phones most of the time there. The event that ultimately made us leave though, was catching a peeping tom looking through the window that had no cover, at around 3AM. Going up to the office first thing in the morning, I told the ladies working up there about it. They looked shocked, and slightly offended by it. I was told to talk to the cleaning ladies, and they would give me something to put over it. I was also told they would look around in the back to see if there was anything back there to point to what happened. But I couldn't find the cleaning ladies to ask for anything, and I never once seen anyone in the back. As we finally requested a refund for the days we weren't going to stay, the lady at the front tried to say that the guy staying next to us might have been walking his dog back there. But it wouldn't explain why I seen someone actually look into the window. I don't know if they changed things since we left. But with so many problems at once, we aren't going back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Nice room for the money. The bathroom is huge (about 8x12'). The mattresses in our room had no "give" or "bounce back" (they were stiff), but they weren't so bad that it affected my sleep. The room had free Wi-fi, fridge, microwave, and small coffee maker. I tried the decaf coffee, but didn't like it. It had a funny taste, though not sure if it was because of the coffee or because I used tap water to make it. The room was clean. I don't remember if there was a breakfast available or not, I only remember that I didn't eat breakfast at the motel. There was construction on the street when I was here so the motel couldn't be accessed from the normal street, but the motel had good signs which made it easy for me to find the motel. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

They gave my husband a rate and then when he left cause they wouldn't clean his room and because of the bug problem ..they changed there rate and when he left.they charged his card and then said they will keep running it ...god don't like ugly and ain't to fond of cute ...never have my business and will call health department ..

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Serapia G
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here for a single night while in the area on business. I called the various properties in the area, seeking the lowest rates and was told by the lady at the Delux Inn that they had the lowest rates in town, which they did by a couple of dollars ($58 total). There was a problem printing a credit card receipt when I checked in, but the lady working the desk was very nice and apologetic. As soon as I opened the door to the room, I was impressed with how fresh and clean it smelled. I know a lot of that was from an air freshener, but it was also because the room WAS fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean. There was a good selection of cable channels and the wifi was strong and reliable during my entire stay. The room also included a microwave and fridge. I would stay here again without hesitation if I have to return to the area for some reason.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick D
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My nephew stays here when he is in town for Guard duty. They treat him so nice. BBQ in the back yard - fire pit also. Nice place to rest your head and very affordable

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo