“Portillos”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #91 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This is the very best thing that happen to the area

Their Italian beef sandwiches are incredible/—I like mine “wet” which means extra juicy Or dipped where there a little juice on the bun

Chicago hot dogs—-they will make a great meal either Chicago style or as you like it

The salads are great My favorite is the chopped salad But the Greek and garbage salads are close behind

On the days where I want a simple sandwich they rock those too

Did anyone say fries or a malt Hands down

I almost forgot their incredible RIBS and pasta

And who can resist chocolate cake for dessert

Even if lines look longer my Portillos is used to that and orders are placed and done quickly no dragging I this line

Drive thru or eat in it doesn’t matter Both are equally great

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do

Let me know

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Since it's opening week, I expected it to be crowded, even at lunch. I have never been to Portillo's, so I had no idea what to expect! Although the parking lot was full, people are constantly coming and going, so it only took a few minutes to find a spot. Once inside, the line to order wrapped around the entire inside. However, it moves VERY quickly, and they have staff taking orders so when you reach the counter, they can quickly ring it in and you can pay. There are windows into the kitchen, so you can see them preparing the food while you work your way through the queue to pick up your food. The staff calls out your number and rhymes it (i.e. "order 102 is ready for you!")
The menu is quite extensive, from hot dogs and burgers to salads and pasta. Everything is ala carte, but pretty reasonable. You then wait for your number to be called. I had the third pound burger and it was delicious. The crinkle cut fries were excellent. My dining companion had a chicken burger and it was terribly rubbery. She couldn't cut through it! The staff gladly exchanged it for a breaded fish sandwich that was better. She had a side of cole slaw which she said was very good. Thankfully, they have Coke products! However, I'm not sure if refills are available (they provide the drink when you pick up your order). It was ridiculously noisy, making it very difficult to converse. The tables are pushed very close together . . . very New York deli style! The staff was very helpful and worked hard to make sure it was a good experience. If you want "fast food" that's a little better quality, definitely give Portillo's a try.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We went because my husband, a Chicagoan, had tickets to their preview day. It was crowded but they were well organized to serve us efficiently. I had expected a hot dog but ended up with a great hamburger with a lovely fresh salad and onion rings. All very tasty - I'm looking forward to going back.