“Not up to previous visits. ”
Review of The Claddagh

The Claddagh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Claddagh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 123 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

For a Wednesday evening The Claddagh was extremely busy. It was so busy that the head chef, who had the day off, was called to help. He personally came out to tell me that my piece of fish had exploded, but they would have my fish and chips in two minutes. He even brought it out. It was the biggest piece of fish I have ever had at Claddagh. My wife and I love this restaurant, but her chopped chicken salad will never be ordered again. The chicken was flavorless and the romaine was past its prime.
Our daughter only ordered the pretzel and cheese appetizer; she enjoyed it.
Our waitress--"No Problem" Molly was attentive and fast. Her vocabulary, however, needs to expand beyond "no problem" being repeated at several tables--sometimes with a Valley Girl accent.
We will return to Claddagh sometime in the future, but one menu item will not be reordered.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

NO one was there at noon during the week and then people started trickling in after 1 p.m. We thought the place was closed! In serious need of updating, as their chairs are cracked and the place seems dingy. HOWEVER, the food was acceptable and the menu has a diverse selection of items. Wish I had ordered the Jameson Burger and if I go again, I'll try it. Didn't see as many 'ethnic' menu selections as I expected.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Best hamburger I have ever had. I ordered the Jameson Burger with Jameson Cheese. If I could seconds I would have ordered another one. Great selection of beers, great atmosphere, great bar.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We eat here probably every other month and each time we have gone, the food has been great. Excellent fish and chips. My wife loved the veggie burger. Nothing has let me down yet.

Guiness is always excellent as well.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Usually I love this place. The bartenders and other staff are awesome during nights and evenings. However, when I called during the day about reservations for trivia night, the guy I talked to was a real jerk. Very short with me and not at all helpful. Claimed he was really busy. At 11:00 AM? Really? It was a very negative experience. If you go here, be sure to go at night and maybe you won't have to deal with this guy.