“An Excellent Mexican Food Restaurant In Minnesota!”
Review of La Plaza Fiesta

La Plaza Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Madelia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 August 2017

While visiting my wife's family in SW Minnesota, we ate at Las Plaza Fiesta. This is the second time we ate here. The first time was after the devastating downtown fire in Madelia burned it down and they were working out of the town's golf course club.

The place was packed and we had a 30 minute wait but it was well worth it.The restaurant is well decorated and appointed and sound and echo was no problem. There were six (6) of us and our waiter was very courteous and attentive. Plenty of chips and salsa were provided and the salsa was good but I needed a little bit more heat so asked for their hot salsa. It was hot but also quite flavorful and I enjoyed it. We ordered and in no time our meals arrived.

I had the steak ranchero, the spicy version and loved it! My friend had the same except not spicy and he too liked it a lot. From there I do not recall what everyone else had but every plate was clean as a whistle and we were all stuffed. Very ample portions and everyone truly enjoyed their meal. I must add that it is tough to impress native Arizonans when it comes to good Mexican food. These guys do it right!

My meal's beef to vegie ratio was good, about 50/50. (Some restaurants give a lot more vegies than beef).

A year prior when they were in the golf club, our meals then were also very good. No forgetting the food here.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I know it's not a new restaurant but after the fire, the new place is fantasic. the menu has a great varitety and well price with large portions. The service is unmatched along with hard working employees

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Traveling through the area. Stopped by for a late lunch. Food was good. It was busy. I would stop again.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Heard about this restraint from a coworker. She told me it was the best Mexican around. Drove 35 mins tonight to eat dinner and it was amazing. Well worth the drive!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Drove out to Madelia from Mankato partly because my daughter needs learner's permit practice hours, wanting to support local business that got burned down in the fire last year, and since she's studying Spanish in school, we could get some Spanish practice, driving practice and have some tasty food. Home run!

They are still operating out of the golf course for a few more weeks, but I understand they will be back downtown in mid-April, 2017.

First, I'd like to say thank you to our server. Once it was clear that my daughter and I wanted to use Spanish, she went along for the whole evening. (I have had the experience that some servers elsewhere insist on using English with customers, so I appreciated that my daughter got the chance to speak and listen, and that I got to dust off my rusty Spanish from the 1970's!) Muy simpatico ...

The chips and salsa arrived quickly, and the salsa was tasty and pungent. We ordered a guacamole dip, and that was very tasty smooth and creamy. My daughter's entree was well prepared, and my Vallarta combination was also very well prepared and a generous portion. We ordered take out for my other 2 kids - a chicken quesadilla and a carnitas plate, and both were prepared and served flawlessly.

I am delighted to see that this one-of-a-kind establishment was able to survive the fire at this golf course location, and I look forward to returning to their new location on Main street in the future. I hope to brush up on my Spanish by then too!

Muchas gracias, e ojalá qué tengan ustedes buena suerte en el futuro con su restaurante nuevo!