“A gem on Lake Pepin”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake City
John Hall's Alaskan Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 16 May 2017

A really first-class accommodation on the shore of the Mississippi. We were in Lake City for the annual St. Paul Audubon Society warbler weekend, an annual bird-watching treat.

Our suite was finely appointed and equipped....nice little kitchenette set-up. One huge positive for me was cross-ventilation!

The only downside I could see was a step or two down to get into the bathroom. Seemed potentially hazardous.

This is the first time we stayed at the Lodge, but we'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Can't praise this place too highly. It was warm, very clean, really friendly and just the most cosy lovely rooms. It is Well worth a visit. Great views of the Mississippi too. We pelicans and bald Eagles from our hotel room

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I am one of a group of five women (former co-workers) who get together regularly and try to go on overnight trips several times a year. Our most recent adventure was to the Lake Pepin area of Minnesota - a trip we have done before stopping in towns along Hwy 61. This was our first time staying in Lake City. Our trip in late April 2017 meant off-season pricing allowing us to stay more than one night. We each had our own suite. I was in room 3 which offers a handicap accessible walk-in shower. All of the suites were spacious and offered at least a mini kitchen - one of our suites had a full size refrigerator and stove. All had TV, a small table for eating and a sofa or love seat. Those on the lower level had chairs and a sitting area outside the room with a view of Lake Pepin. The suite on the upper floor had an outside deck. The beds were comfortable and the rooms well maintained. Although the lodge is on Hwy 61, I did not notice any noise from the traffic when it was time to sleep. And because it is on Hwy 61 we had great views of the lake. I would definitely stay there again. I would not describe it as "charming" a term I would usually reserve for a Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and I went for a last minute getaway.....Great place to stay. The Eagles were soaring right out our window. Staff was really nice and friendly. Room very comfy as well as the bed. Would love to come back for another stay.

Room Tip: But the time we were there it wasn't working. Whole town out.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The Mr. & I spent a night here in March, and watched an aerial show from the comfort of the couch! Bald eagles were migrating, and we saw more than a hundred both days! The ice on Lake Pepin had gone out only days before, making great fishing for these majestic birds. Only the road separates the lodge window from the lake, and the sunrise was also spectacular. Our bed was comfortable, the wine glasses enormous, and when I forgot my dress in the closet they phoned, then mailed it at no charge. Go, and enjoy the view!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
24.8 km away
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#5 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to John Hall's Alaskan Lodge? Share your experiences!