All reviews superior suite lake pepin walk in shower front window this is our go to place wooden bed whirlpool spa road noise cleaning person main road stay there again covered porch small kitchenette area attractions beautiful room nice shower red wing
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Can't praise this place too highly. It was warm, very clean, really friendly and just the most cosy lovely rooms. It is Well worth a visit. Great views of the Mississippi too. We pelicans and bald Eagles from our hotel room

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I am one of a group of five women (former co-workers) who get together regularly and try to go on overnight trips several times a year. Our most recent adventure was to the Lake Pepin area of Minnesota - a trip we have done before stopping in towns along Hwy 61. This was our first time staying in Lake City. Our trip in late April 2017 meant off-season pricing allowing us to stay more than one night. We each had our own suite. I was in room 3 which offers a handicap accessible walk-in shower. All of the suites were spacious and offered at least a mini kitchen - one of our suites had a full size refrigerator and stove. All had TV, a small table for eating and a sofa or love seat. Those on the lower level had chairs and a sitting area outside the room with a view of Lake Pepin. The suite on the upper floor had an outside deck. The beds were comfortable and the rooms well maintained. Although the lodge is on Hwy 61, I did not notice any noise from the traffic when it was time to sleep. And because it is on Hwy 61 we had great views of the lake. I would definitely stay there again. I would not describe it as "charming" a term I would usually reserve for a Bed and Breakfast.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and I went for a last minute getaway.....Great place to stay. The Eagles were soaring right out our window. Staff was really nice and friendly. Room very comfy as well as the bed. Would love to come back for another stay.

Room tip: But the time we were there it wasn't working. Whole town out.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The Mr. & I spent a night here in March, and watched an aerial show from the comfort of the couch! Bald eagles were migrating, and we saw more than a hundred both days! The ice on Lake Pepin had gone out only days before, making great fishing for these majestic birds. Only the road separates the lodge window from the lake, and the sunrise was also spectacular. Our bed was comfortable, the wine glasses enormous, and when I forgot my dress in the closet they phoned, then mailed it at no charge. Go, and enjoy the view!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

This is exactly what we were looking for a cabin-like living, cozy, very clean and bathroom are all new. mini kitchen is good enough for heating up some food. We love the coffee. Staff is very warm and nice.

Room tip: We were late so we got the last one which is a 2-queen with a mini kitchen.
1  Thank azmanmsp