“Great stop”

Russ Kendall's Smoke House
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Always a must when visiting the Duluth area. We love the different flavored
cheese curds and sugar cured salmon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Our family has been going here for YEARS.... Grandparents went here! It's a smoked fish market! They have a really nice seating area if you wish to eat your fish there. But you go up to a counter and order what you would like....smoked trout, ciscoes, white fish, etc........ The fish will depend what is in season and what they can get - so be aware of that. They have soda, water, Bai, and some other selections here....they also have some crackers, jams, cheese....the cheese spreads are excellent. The people are great at helping you..... I've never had a bad experience here.... the last time there (this Sept) there was a woman behind the counter (first time I had seen her) and she seemed very brisk and rushed and kind of short with some of the customers - but I've never encountered that before. I HIGHLY REC this store if you like smoked fish. ENJOY!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

As soon as you step out of your car, you can smell the smoked fish! This place is very popular. It was packed with people who brought their own coolers to fill. They sell many varieties of smoked fish, smoked cheese, cheese dips, and sauces. It's easy to get carried away, because it all smells so good. It is definitely worth a stop, even if you don't buy anything.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I rarely drive up the North Shore without stopping at Russ Kendall's. Their products are consistently cured and smoked to perfection. Reliable quality and a good selection every time.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Let me begin by saying I am from the Chicago Area and there is a little smokehouse near the 95th street bridge on the south side called Calumet Fisheries off Lake Michigan. It was even featured on Anthony Bourdain's show and I'm very biased about smokehouses due to this little place I visited growing up. ON that note Russ Kendall's smokehouse rivals Calumet fisheries BIG time!!! It's a small little place on the scenic route of the North Shore of Lake Superior between two harbors and Duluth. We saw it and passed right by it then my companion and I caught a whiff of the smoke. We literally made a U turn and went back. Boy were we glad we did. The young girl at the counter was very knowledgeable. My compadre got the whole smoked herring. I bought a half lb. of the sugar cured smoked silver salmon for us to share on the road trip to Duluth. It was so so good we both rolled our eyes back into our heads with great pleasure!! Russ, keep doing what you do because I'll be back for more!!! The rest of the filet made an excellent salmon spread the next day with chives and cream cheese. ❤️. Awesome!! I wish they had the smelt !!!!