US$146
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$158
Hampton.com
US$144
US$116
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewsroom was largeroot river trailsmall town hotelowlmnmotel
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The room was clean and spacious with an in room Jacuzzi which I did not take advantage of because it was 80+ degrees outside. I opted for the air conditioning. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Can't beat the price and it is close to a grocery store and dining/bar. Close by trails. I would recommend this affordable Inn if you find your travels bring you to Houston, MN.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed @ Loken's Sawmill Inn in a Jacuzzi suite & enjoyed it so much..the room was very nice (so clean & decorated neat). The desk help was friendly. I really recommend staying here. I always tell my friends/family that come 2 visit 2 stay @ Loken's..the room price is very reasonable & ur stay will be enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2015

We planned a weekend get away and rented a room in this hotel. It is very plain but the initial hotel manager seemed helpful and friendly. We settled into our room and were readying ourselves for bed , talking in normal voices, walking across the floor getting ready for bed. We began to hear loud pounding noises coming from the room below us. We wondered what it was since there was nothing unusual going on in our room. A unidentified male came to our door and my wife came to get me. He said he was the manager and there was a complaint for excessive noise. Shocked would be underestimating what we felt. How can we expect to spent a relaxing weekend in a hotel room with zero tolerance for normal level conversation, cordial conversation before bed, let alone if we had been intimate as might be expected for a couple on a weekend get
away. This is/was very uncomfortable and then the manager said he stood outside our window and could hear us talking? Now that is a safe and welcoming feeling. WE are hoping we can get our money back for tomorrow night so we can find other lodging where we can feel comfortable to enjoy ourselves and be able to actually talk in our room and even maybe be romantic if the mood should hit us. This has never happened to us anywhere and we are not spring chickens. We are in our sixties. Very upsetting and exhausting if we have to go find another hotel tomorrow and move everything instead of biking a trail we came down here to bike. And yet staying another night where we cannot talk comfortably is not tolerable and frankly nerve wracking and upsetting. Heaven forbid we had children or were actually playing some nice music in our bedroom. That would have been real cause for alarm.

Room Tip: None possible with conditions such as these that no tolerance for normal speaking
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Loken's S, Owner at Loken's Sawmill Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

At 12 am my motel manager was notified of an excessive noise complaint coming from a fellow guest room- loud voices and nonstop pacing. My manager lives next door to motel and apon coming over to motel he could hear loud voices coming from the other side of the building . He attempted to call guests on the phone - no response. Knocked on guest's door - no response. Attempted to call on phone again - no response Knocked on the door again a female voice told him to go away and that she'd call police.My Motel manager identified himself - no further response from guests. We needed to follow up on the noise complaint and visit with these folks face to face, so they were aware of how loud they were being with the patio door open . Never received that opportunity . Husband proceeded to email letter to motel , while being guests there, with subject "problem with harassment tonight." As a small family business we take the safety of our guests and property seriously . It's our responsibility to follow up, investigate and communicate complaints to our guests. We expect that guests will response to a phone call or knock on the door when an identified manager comes to your door- especially since guests pounded on their walls to bring the noise attention to the other guests. Face to face communication to resolve issues. like this one is crucial. Taking ownership of behaviors is also helpful

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Stop #3 of our seven state trek. Very clean & well accommodated inn. We were the only ones staying there and it was quiet & comfortable. Nearest food during evening hours is 20 minutes away and most everything is closed by 8pm. Price is very reasonable. Town is clean & quiet.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2014

The room was large, clean, in excellent condition. Ours had a king size bed and jacuzzi for $89.00. Also most rooms have a patio door that you can drive up to. I was real happy until I went to bed. There were numerous guests talking loud and kids running in the halls until after midnight. Worse there was a loud argument between a women and a male,at 4 am. That may be beyond the control of management. But a bigger issue for me was the heater noise. It was cool out about 30 degrees. 2 or 3 times every hour the heater would start up with a loud whining noise for several minutes, I have had much quieter rooms at airports. Lastly a minor issue is the gravel parking lot and boulders that had to be avoided. If you can sleep through noise this is a great deal. Maybe bring earplugs and an electric heater and it may be fine.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family