All reviews beds were comfortable american inn twin cities area coffee maker motel
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Good clean place for an overnight stay when on a road trip.. The breakfast was satisfying and plentiful. Only have two complaints (1) the external appearance could use some work particularly with weed management and (2) a more visible sign is needed.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I usually have great experiences at this hotel chain. But this property scares me. I'm not removing my shoes in my own room b/c I don't trust the carpet. Everything smells--either smoke, oldness, or air freshener to cover it all up.

The lobby and parking lot have an unusual number of men hanging out and staring at passersby. And a woman just came down the hallway and moved my suitcase--as a joke--while I was putting my things in my room. Just weird. I'm not coming back.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so take a 2nd floor room at the far (non smoking) end. It still smells, but less so.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I am a big fan of this hotel chain. Or -- rather -- I USED to be. This particular hotel is obviously one of their OLDEST properties, and is getting a bad review for the following reasons:
1. I booked a non-smoking room, and paid for the room at the time of booking. But there was no non-smoking room available.
2. There was no elevator, and our room was on the second floor. Bumping our suitcases up the steps was a big issue.
3. The mattress was so soft, it bounced up on both sides when you sat on it. Ugh.
4. The air conditioner ran ALL NIGHT long, but never did a thing. The air was muggy.
5. The breakfast was a joke. No yogurt, no fresh fruit, no hard boiled eggs, no bagels or English muffins to toast.??? They were OUT OF EVERYTHING.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The hotel lobby and our non-smoking room smelled horribly of smoke. Booked a King room and got a queen bed. Had to open up the window and crank the air and leave for awhile to make the smell tolerable in the room.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Everything was great. I was a woman traveling alone and felt very comfortable and safe. Service was great and desk clerk could point me in right direction everything was close by. He seemed to know the area well and was a good area to be.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo