“Fresh Food and Great Service”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Edina
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: York Avenue
Transit: The #6 bus has stops along France Ave. and York Ave.
Description: The history of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants began when Bill McCormick purchased Jake's Famous Crawfish Restaurant located in Portland, Oregon, and brought the more than 100-year-old landmark back to life. When asked the secret of how he revitalized a restaurant on the brink of closing, McCormick says, "I like nothing better than being a good host." Part of the managerial talent McCormick tapped was Doug Schmick, a management trainee. The two formed a partnership in 1974, creating Traditional Concepts, a precursor to today's McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants. In 1979, they opened the original McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. Since that time, the company has expanded to more than 80 restaurants across the country. The combination of an open imagination and a respect for tradition are what makes McCormick & Schmick's the classic and successful business that it is today.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

There is no comparison between Fresh Food Prepared Properly and any other kind. This restaurant serves Fresh Food Properly Prepared and the flavors are immediately obviously delicious. The atmosphere is welcoming and conversations can be had with no screaming across the table. In short, it is a pleasurable place to relax and enjoy a fine meal. The servers are courteous and prompt, and they know the menu quite well. For dining a cut way above the ordinary, you really can't do better.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My husband & I visited here for a late lunch on a Saturday to celebrate my birthday. It wasn’t very busy because it was early afternoon. The food was wonderful & the atmosphere was perfect for us. I highly recommend the herb crusted walleye as an entree. They were very accommodating to my shellfish allergy. The best part of our experience was our server, Giau. She was friendly, attentive & made us smile during every interaction. She brightened my day & I will definitely come back to this restaurant in hopes of being seated in her section again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped today for happy hour and was appalled by horrible service. Server forgot food order and when asked about it never apologized just I will check. I doubt she ever placed the order. Food was good but server didn’t seem to care. I always leave 20-25% tip after years being a server but not tonight. She even took too long to bring the bill. A simple apology would have gone a long way!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Usually, this restaurant is a sure thing. The waitress recommended the swordfish, one of the featured fish dishes that evening. The swordfish was dry as dust. The sides with the swordfish were tasty. My wife's salmon was ordered medium rare and came medium to medium well. We discussed the overcooking with the wait staff. Apparently, most of their customers consider medium salmon too undercooked to be palatable, so I guess the cooks err on the side of well done. Our bag of chocolate dessert was outstanding. To the restaurant's credit it took the sword fish off the bill. I didn't ask for that. Service was excellent, as always.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Fantastic menu selections from small plates to full dinners.
And the quality and flavors are great.
perfect place for a lunch meeting. High backed booths provide the privacy you want / need and the wait staff are attentive without being disruptive.