“The Greek Olive Garden”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prairie Center Drive
Transit: Located near the Southwest Tansit facility in Eden Prairie.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Santorini is to Greek food what Olive Garden is to Italian. You can get a traditional Greek meal of Barbecued Baby Back Ribs with french fries or loaded baked potato, followed by peach cobbler for dessert. About the only charm I can find in the place is that it is (or was when I was last there) a prime cougar hunting ground; watching older women cruising for younger men makes for an entertaining evening as you push your Olive Garden Greek around the plate.

1  Thank PeglegEd

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We've been dining at Santorini since before their relocation to Eden Prairie.

It has always been a fine experience. Great food, very fine service. Never a dissappointment.
(We've never ordered "non-greek food" from the menu, so I can no comment on that)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Service was good, and the atmosphere cozy. Food was quite ordinary. The mixed vegetables were badly overcooked to the extent that it was difficult to recognize some of them. Walleye had too many bones, and they were out of the dessert I ordered. All in all, a good place to relax and have a drink; just don't set your expectations too high on the food.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Decided to order in tonight from this Minneapolis area restaurant. I will not name the delivery service since they were right on time and the quality of my dinner was not their fault. Ordered a calamari appetizer which while ample had the definite flavor of being prepared in very old oil. The main, beef kabob, was even worse. This is a very common Greek restaurant item which I have ordered many times in local restaurants for much less than the $27 price at Santorini. It is advertised as being marinated in olive oil, garlic, and herbs, but I could taste none of these in the Santorini version. The beef itself seemed to be of good quality, but totally tasteless. In addition, I had ordered a side of tavern pasta, but instead got a very average rice side. Overall, a very disappointing experience and I complain to the delivery service but they offered only apologies.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I went for a romantic dinner. We were seated next to the fireplace on a cold December evening. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Santorini's is our favorite restaurant in the Southwest Suburbs.