“Sunday Brunch”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prairie Center Drive
Transit: Located near the Southwest Tansit facility in Eden Prairie.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I normally work on weekends so when we had some time off, we decided to do a Sunday brunch. We already had a favorite brunch place that we make an annual visit to, but the hotel it was in changed ownership and the fantastic brunch experience went with it. (otherwise I'd be writing a review on that one)

Back to Santorini - The first point I'll make is one learned from experience. I didn't realize that this was a very popular place and that it would have been a good idea to make a reservation. We didn't have to wait to be seated, however we were seated in the bar area a couple tables away from a side door people regularly use to go outside and smoke which created a cold breeze. It was also far from the buffet area and crowded so you had to be very careful with a full plate of food. We were also there in the late morning and as soon as football came on the televisions, the game volume came with it. Again, totally my mistake for not making a reservation so if you want a less "energetic" brunch experience, call ahead.

With that out of the way I'll review the brunch. There was a very large salad bar with a wide variety of veggie dishes, cheeses, fresh fruits, pastries and mixed salads. A small carving table had roasted leg of lamb as well as prime rib. The hot stations had a nice variety of chicken, lamb stew, rotisserie lamb for gyro making, roasted veggies as well as traditional breakfast sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, potatoes and belgian waffles with fruit and syrup options. There was also a dessert table featuring hand scooped ice cream with a variety of toppings to create your own sundae and even a bittersweet chocolate fountain.

Both of us enjoyed everything we tasted and would love to visit this brunch again. Another side point is that the restroom could use a little improvement. The available stall I chose did not have a lock to secure the door, the lighting was just too dim in most of the stall areas, one of the soap dispensers was broken but on the plus side, you do have the option of using paper towels to dry your hands. (I only say this because a lady left her stall, walked right past me at the sinks and out the door so I wouldn't want to touch the handle. Yuck. Again, customer hygiene is not the fault of a business but I appreciate having an option to get around that.)

Overall, I would recommend Santorini for brunch or any meal. They have delicious food and everyone I met who worked there was very friendly. We will probably return next year when we have some time off again! :)

1  Thank Heather M

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I ate here once and had a very disappointing meal. I went back (on the owner's dime) and had the exact same experience. My salad was served before I got my cocktail, Then when I had just begun eating my salad, the brought my entree. The service itself seemed fine, but the timing of the experience was just horrible. You can not enjoy your dinner when presented that way.

1  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Old school, family owned business with tasty traditional recipies and a friendly, jovial atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Santorini has an amazing brunch that will have something for everyone! The Belgian Waffles were phenomenal and the variety and quality are by far some of the best in the area. Worth the visit!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The atmosphere outweighs the food quality at times. If you like the basic American-Greek foods like gyros or Greek salad, it is fine. Also there are many American grill-type foods on the menu. They know how to put together a formula that leads to success and crowds, so good for them. Patio dining and atmosphere are good. Trying to find the most authentic Greek foods will take some more effort.