“You ever been turned on by BBQ.......I have....and so should you”
Review of ZZQ Smokehouse

ZZQ Smokehouse
Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Eagan
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Description: ZZQ Smokehouse is an unfussy BBQ joint offering meats, sides & various sauces, plus craft beers in simple surrounds to the communities of Eagan, Apple Valley, Burnsville, Lakeville, Farmington, Savage and the entire South Metro and the Twin Cities. ZZQ was founded by Zak Zueg in 2015 and it's reputation for great BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken and Pork Spare Ribs continues to grow. ZZQ Smokehouse prides it's self on Homemade Sides like Hand Cut Fried, Smokehouse Beans, Cole Slaw and Potato Salad. All of ZZQ Smokehouse's sauces are made in house from scratch under the watchful eye of Zak. Don't feel like going to ZZQ? ZZQ offers delivery from Black Suite and Tie Delivery. ZZQ Smokehouse is also a great choice for all your catering needs like Birthday and Christmas Parties, office gatherings, work lunches, Bridal Showers, Groomsman Dinners.
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I found this randomly due to a co-worker coming into town and I do not go anywhere else for BBQ in the Twin Cities Metro. After being spoiled rotten in North Carolina, Texas and Missouri I can say this is the best sport outside of a BBQ capital. the sauces they have complimented the flavor profile you want. It is in a highly unlikely spot which makes it all the more special. The owner is a great guy and the staff is funny and nice to get to know. The beer pairings are great but do not be shy on exploring. Go Hungry

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Juicy, tender meats! They have a sauce bar and craft beers too. The best BBQ around and we'll go back often.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Consulted TripAdvisor and Yelp to help find a BBQ joint in the Bloomington, MN area, and settled on ZZQ. Based on the reviews, I expected the best BBQ in MN, but it was about the worst I have ever had. I went with the pulled pork and chicken platter, and both were terribly dry and lacked taste. The meat is pulled from under the flattop, and warmed up on the surface. I was in the area on business for one night, and was very disappointed. I won't be back as my experience was poor at best.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I got brisket and chicken with fries and WOW, great flavor. I'm not a fan of their sauces as I don't like heavy cumin vinegar bases but honestly the meat doesn't need it. Has great smoke flavor and isn't dry. Could see.taking this home for sure.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

So we stopped by Sunday afternoon about 4ish we ordered 2 meat dinner with 2 sides,we tried all the sauces, Chicken and Brisket was good, the ribs were very dry and tough didn't care for them as for the pulled Pork not to bad but dry as well, cole slaw was awefull potato salad was served to us very warm beans were ok FF were really good, we will not be back, the ketchup was empty and garlic sauce to, we were the only people in the place the women's bathroom did not have paper towel to dry your hands yea needless to say not a good experience