“Good service, crappy bathrooms”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Eagan
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was good, service was good. Nothing special. But the bathrooms were horrible. Not only were they small (not sure what they do when the place is packed), but not very clean...

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Group of friends after work for appetizers and drinks, some stayed for dinner. The Spinach & Artichoke Dip was 95% greasy cheese with very little artichoke or spinach - very expensive for what you get. Chicken wings were just okay. Asian Chicken Flatbread was again mostly cheese. Soup of the day was very salty and charged extra for a miserable bread roll. Happy hour beers at $3.75 are reasonable but $5.75 each later is too much. Service was lacking -- plates and glasses weren't cleared, no follow-up. Overall disappointing experience.

chuckg434, Manager at Granite City Food & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for the feedback, and I am sorry to hear that we failed you.
In an effort to continually develop our team your comments will be used for growth.

Again my apology.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

On the last night I was in Egan I went to Granite City. As a foodie I wanted to know how well their beer paired with their food. Very well, thank you very much. The service was a little spotty but overall not bad. I tried a couple of beers in small samples before choosing the Double IPA. It was one of the best I have had in any of the 47 states that I have visited. My entree was top notch. I had the meatloaf served with mashed potatoes, green beans, thin onion rings, and some bread. It was delicious. While there I noticed there were other locations around the country. I would love to visit another on and if I am ever back in Egan I certainly will go back to this fun place.

chuckg434, Manager at Granite City Food & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Ron, glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you come back for more of our fresh beer and delicious food.

Chuck

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We've been here twice for dinner while in town. The burgers are outstanding! While it was crowded, we didn't have to wait for a table. Ample parking, room for lots of cars. The service was really good. We will return the next time we are in town.

chuckg434, Manager at Granite City Food & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for the glowing comments, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We'd driven over to Granite City in Eagan for lunch on a Saturday, but the parking lot was packed and there was a wait for tables. Actually a good sign, we thought, so we decided to wait and just try it out the next day for dinner instead.
The visit on Sunday evening was okay but not great. The restaurant is spacious and stylishly decorated; the TVs on the wall had their sound turned down; so far, so good. Unfortunately, we found the service a bit slow and inefficient. It took a while to get our order placed. The dinners themselves (grilled salmon, and chicken & asparagus linguini) were good -- once they arrived. The linguini dish seemed a little under-seasoned. On the plus side, the sticky rice side with the salmon was an interesting and appealing novelty. Dinner for two with bottomless lemonade came to about $45 before tax and tip.
In short, it wasn't quite as good as we were expecting (maybe they were short-staffed that day?), but the GCFB is clearly popular and has some good dishes on the menu. I definitely do want to try it again when we're next in the area.

Sorry to hear about your experience, we hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future.

Been to Granite City Food & Brewery? Share your experiences!