My now Fiancé and I stayed here in February of 2011, in the ‘Lake Superior Suite’ and it was, and still is by far our favorite place we have ever stayed. Tim and Angie were fantastic hosts and were willing to work with me on some requests to help with popping the question. This particular room is actually separated from the main house and is located in what used to be the horse stable (if I remember correctly). The heated floors, and the whirlpool coupled with the comfortable furnishings and the nautical theme of the room made for a fantastic stay. Even though Angie’s normal florist was out of town, she was able to track down rose pedals to have laid out on the floor and bed, and brought in a bottle of champagne with glasses, and some delicious chocolate truffles. They prepared the entire room with all of the above while we were out to dinner at one of the Italian restaurants in downtown Duluth. The next morning they brought the breakfast to our door in a nice basket so that we could enjoy it in the privacy of our room. Angie is a great cook by the way. The food is amazing. I simply cannot say enough nice things about this B&B, if you are looking for a great place to get away any time of year (yes, it is great in the winter as well) you can’t go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where Elegance meets Casual Comfort at our award winning Bed and Breakfast. Ideally located in the heart of Duluth's mansion district on 2 acres of private grounds with award winning gardens just minutes from extraordinary restaurants, shops, Canal Park and majestic Lake Superior. Featuring 7 exquisite guest rooms with modern amenities such as two-person whirlpools, A/C, Fireplaces, TV/DVD's, King and Queen Beds, free high speed Wi-Fi and so, so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth