All reviews lift bridge great location waffles canal park closest hotel lake view within walking distance the breakfast area balcony room king suite sitting area lake superior maritime museum great room third floor sleeper sofa walking path
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

And I wasn't disappointed. Myself and one other friend stayed Saturday, April 28th and then we had 2 other friends join us on Sunday the 29th. We were unable to get a double suite for our Saturday stay but had 2 rooms for the 4 of us for our Sunday stay. Because of this, we had to change rooms from our king bed with sofa (room 154 I think) to our double suite in Sunday. I was so impressed with how well they accommodated us and allowed us to stay in our king room until they had our double suite ready. They even offered to move our luggage for us if we were out once they were ready for us. We so much appreciated how well they accommodated us. Anna (I hope I have her name right), who is an assistant manager along with Zachary were amazing! Even the house keeping staff was wonderful.

In addition to the incredible customer service, the location of this hotel is just as good.

Thank you to all the staff for a great weekend; especially Anna and Zachary.

I've attached pics taken from our balconies. The sunrise is from room 154, our king bed room and the other picture is taken from our double queen suite, room 256.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristi S
Lori V, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hello Kristi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an incredible review of our hotel. I am sorry that you had to change rooms but I glad that our staff took care of you so well. Zach and Anna are definately diamonds in our jewel box and I will be sure and pass your comments on to them. We are always gratified when we hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and it always feels good to know when we are a part of that.

We look forward to having you back with us again in the future! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My family and I booked this hotel for 1 night stay this past weekend. Nothing beats the lakeside views. It's smack in the middle of everything. Restaurants, museums, vista fleet, movie theater etc. We went to Canal Park brewery, which was a quick walk on the board walk. It was fun to just relax, enjoy some drinks, talk, eat and sit on the patio enjoying the views. We loved this hotel. It will always be our go-to hotel. The staff are wonderful

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Houa Y
LegacyGirl, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I normally don’t give an excellent rating unless a place really impresses me. What impressed me about this hotel was the excellent customer service. That is key with me. Every staff person from the front desk to the breakfast attendant was super friendly and helpful. They are in the last stages of a renovation but we weren’t bothered at all. Our king suite was spacious, clean and had a great lake view. Very quiet and comfortable bed too. Room temperature was a little warm for us but it helped to have windows you could actually open. We could also access the lakewalk right from our hotel. Plus, the hotel is within easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was very good. Good selection. Plenty of seating and very clean. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lori V, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such an outstanding review of our hotel. We always appreciate great feedback and it is gratifying to know that our efforts are noted and appreciated. Other travelers rely so heavily on "word of mouth" and we always strive to make sure out guest have a fantastic "Great Lakes Experience" and I'm so glad to hear that yours was.

We hope to see you again when all the renovations are completed so that you can review our makeover!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This hotel is located on Canal Park, walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Our room overlooked the lake and even in the winter, it was totally beautiful!

The hotel staff were awesome and very attentive to the needs of all guests. This was the case with EVERY hotel worker we interacted with.

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a perfect rating was the bed. We had a King room and the bed was so hard, I had to sleep in one of the chairs! It was so bad, I was in tears. At the suggestion of the hotel staff I slept on the sofa bed the following night. The sofa bed was more comfortable than the actual bed in the room!

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the lake as it is beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary G
LegacyGirl, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hello Mary! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We always value feedback so that we can resolve issues for future guests. I am so sorry about the firmness of the new king beds, and I am very glad that our advice to use the sofa sleeper resolved that for you.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

When we went, there was a lot of construction in the hotel going on. We didn't notice until we went down for breakfast. They upgraded my room and were super sweet about it. The room was clean and front desk staff was great. We requested a late checkout and the cleaning kept knocking on our door which was annoying. We were able to watch the amazing sunrise and it was amazing!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazycampinlady
Lori V, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Canal Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback about the renovations project. I am actually glad that you didn't notice it until you went down for breakfast as a lot of planning has been done to determine how to accomplish the projects with the least amount of impact on our guests. Having to move the breakfast area to the lobby while the new floors, walls and furnishings are put in does make it a bit inconvenient, and we do apologize for that.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again once the renovations are complete so you can experience how beautiful the rooms and public areas will be! I will also pass your comments along to the front desk staff. It's nice for them to hear that their efforts are noticed and appreciated.