“Nice, clean, and affordable”

Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice, clean, and affordable”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. At the last moment I needed a place to stay and this was the most affordable option. The room was clean. The only complaint was my noisy neighbors arriving late at night, but the noise only lasted a half hour.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 September 2011

After spending our honeymoon night at a more familiar/spendy hotel that starts with the letter 'H' in our home city of 'Saint Paul', we headed for the hills of the beautiful north shore. Fires prevented my new bride and I to venture to the boundry waters, so we decided to hang out in duluth. On the recommendation of a co-worker to visit 'Spirit Mountain' if we were in the area, ended up as our residence of choice to spend the next couple of nights. Excellent value for what they provide their guests with. Jacuzzi, and sauna in a shared environment, free breakfast, and don't forget the indoor pool. Even though the bathroom was on the small size, the room, with all the basics for a lodge was perfect for us. By the way, there was even a safe in the room, which the previous mentioned hotel did not provide. What pleased us overall was the hospitality of the lodges staff. 'KUDOS' To All Those That Made Our Stay Quite Pleasant!!!!

Room Tip: We were located directly across jacuzzi/sauna room. 'Sweeeeet'
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Plainview, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We had a family of 12 stay the weekend of 9/16/11. We had 3 rooms and were fortunate enough to get pool side. It was the best poolside experience I've ever had. The pool literally was right out the door and worked perfect for us having small children. The rooms were clean and very cute, the staff was very friendly and having the extra room outside worked great for children. The breakfast room was a little small, but was workable. We already said we'd come back again. Nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
cambridge mn
Reviewed 5 September 2011

staff was very friendly,they actually called down to our room shortly after check inn to see if we were happy with every thing,rooms were clean,beds were ok ,bathrooms were small, no stocked shampoo in there so bring your own, we had a slide out patio room and at night we had four deer laying down just a little ways from our door,which was pretty cool,nice game room for the kids,pool was nice but was pretty full the night we were there,the only thing we didnt like was that the hot tub was really foamy,and they should not be that way. over all this place suited our needs well for our short visit in duluth,id go back again.

Room Tip: get a room on the east side with patio slide out, to view the deer instead of the parking lot
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
dsminn5, Guest Relations Manager at Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

On behalf of the entire staff at Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn I want to thank you for your thoughtful words regarding our staff and cleanliness of our rooms. It is our sincere goal to exceed our guest’s expectations.

I’d glad you enjoyed your patio room, the hotel is located on over 4 acres of lawn, trees and rock out cropping’s. Deer, birds, and wildlife are common sites to our guests. Picnic tables, volleyball, horseshoes and badminton are available free for our guests use.

Our pool and hot tub are tested daily by a certified pool technacian. We do test every morning according to Minnesota state health standard. We apologize that it was too foamy for you. We have informed our maintenance manager of your concerns, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments, we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed at this facility for a week, with friends from out of state. The place was great. It's clean, quiet, roomy, hot showers, and the breakfast was OK.

Our problem came at checkout. I had booked the rooms months ahead, using my credit card. Upon checking out, we each payed for our own rooms. When I got my statement, I was charged for both rooms, which overdrew our account. I called the hotel, and the girl told me she, "wasn't authorized to refund my money". She did tell me there was no record of our friends paying their own bill, which was wrong. They did pay their own bill, and he signed his own statement. I was told to call back the next day.

When I called back, I spoke to the manager, and she said my money was refunded, which according to the bank, it was not. I got a runaround on the phone, and had to jump hoops with the bank, and the hotels main office. Long story short, I finally got our money back, but we're out the overdraft charges, even though it was THEIR mistake!

SO BEWARE...and go over your bill!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

I am grateful for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our rooms; our housekeeping staff’s goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations. On behalf of our housekeeping staff I thank you.

I also wanted to thank you for the compliment on our hotels quietness; we do our best to ensure all guests have a quiet and comfortable setting.

I appreciate your comment on our breakfast; our complimentary breakfast has a large array of items including waffles, cappuccino, apples, muffins, bagels, 3 types of cereal, oatmeal, white bread, wheat bread, apple juice, orange juice, and coffee.

I sincerely apologize that the wrong credit card with charged. When this guest’s reservations were made they were under one credit card. The credit card that was initially used to make the reservations was charged for the guests stay. At check out it was not specified which card was to be used to pay for the rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

As for as the card not being refunded, as soon as the guest contacted us we refunded the credit card and addressed the situation. The funds were released from our account. With certain banks the refund can take several business days which is all depending on how your bank processes reversals. The length of time the bank took to release the funds does not correlate with the hotel. We however do apologize for any inconveniences that this guest encountered because of our mistake.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this guest endured during their stay. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Duluth hotels