“Exquisite pasta--with a view”
Review of Va Bene Caffe

Va Bene Caffe
Ranked #5 of 276 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, fresh from-scratch Italian. Not your nonna's trattoria. Pastas, salads,pizzas, steak, fish, fresh baked desserts and gelato. Full bar, fantastic wine list and specialty cocktails. Perched overlooking Lake Superior with the best views of the lift bridge and harbor. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We ate perched above a lovely view of Lake Superior.
Our waitress was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable.
My husband and I each chose different salads and pasta.
Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Visiting Duluth for the weekend. We picked VA Bene cafe, not such a good idea . Trying to find a parking area was a bit difficult if you don't have MN plates there are parking restrictions. We managed three blocks away to locate a spot and proceeded to the restaurant for dinner and were seated immediately. Server was fast and seemed in a rush. I ordered a tap beer, server was back with a half glass of beer and said the keg blew. I'll get you another half glass later, but when I reminded her about my forthcoming beer, she informed me there was none left. The food was good but the rush was crazy. I don't want any more of this plashame, shame. The food here is good, fresh and well presented. This server was out for the tips and control.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Nice selection of Italian style food that hasn’t been overly Americanized - which makes for a nice change. Very cafe style so probably not the place to go for a romantic dinner but great for casual dining. We found it a little strange that we couldn’t reserve a table for 2 - they only take reservations for parties of 5 or more.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Sat on covered outside grotto which overlooks Lake, walking trail and railroad. Fun.
Very cheerful staff. Salmon dish was great. Ran out of pappardelle noodles key to the dish but just told them to improvise and they did and turned out fine. Very busy and order took a very long time but we were in no hurry. Manager furnished a free dessert and apologized wort( the wait. Would retur; for sure.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is owned and operated by what must an authentic Italian. The food was so spot on that we ate every bite!
Make reservations, as they fill up fast, and request the screened balcony facing Lake Superior.
Starting with the bread and Italian butter, all the entrees were tempting. We opted for a charcuterie plate and pasta with seafood. I’m sure the desserts are great, but we were too full to partake. Go there!

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!