All reviews club level public ramp front desk parking garage canal park lake view starbucks coffee nice hotel wedding party superior street heart of downtown hotel shuttle corner suite walk in shower beautiful room free shuttle up to date
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

No matter how wonderful your establishment is, black mold on the bottom of the shower curtain is a definite no and a game changer. This didn't happen overnight or over a period of a few weeks. How could housekeeping not see it?

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Overall my experience was very good. I had a suite on the club level, overlooking Lake Superior. The view was outstanding. The room had all the necessary amenities, including a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, coffee maker). The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean with the exception of a couple of fairly large stains on the carpet. I mentioned that to the folks at the front desk when I checked out, and they said that the hotel was going to be undergoing a renovation. That's great, but they still should have cleaned the carpet. :-) One caveat: the parking is in a public garage that is attached to the hotel by a skyway. I wasn't able to find parking on the street so that I could unload my bags before I parked my rental car, so I had to haul my bags up an elevator, across the skyway, down an elevator, and through some corridors to get to the lobby. That was kid of a pain. They do validate the parking, which is a plus.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking Superior Street have a lake view.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shannon M
SusanN2195, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

If you are a new mom and want a friendly hotel for travel without baby, please seek a different place. Overall, my stay was incredibly inconvenient - no fridges available, difficult to speak with front desk staff, and not lactation friendly. I was traveling and as a working new mom, this was one of my most difficult stays while traveling without baby. I have stayed at other sheratons without difficulty but this was overall the worst hotel for new moms.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SusanN2195, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to see that you had difficulties at our hotel, we take your concerns very seriously. At your convenience, if you would please reach out to me I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, I look forward to talking with you.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Our room was nice and met our needs. However, our review is for Warren - the hotel concierge. What a great person to have on your staff. Not only was he friendly and accommodating he offered genuine insight to the area and made great recommendations.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
SusanN2195, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We agree, Warren is a great person to have on our team, thank you for taking the time to recognize him!

We hope you choose to stay with us again, next time you are Duluth!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for a UMD football game. Check in was a cluster..headache. We stood in line 45 minutes. The rooms were not ready at 330-415 the time I was in line. Finally checked in and the room had the bedding stripped but previous occupants trash. On the floor. C'mon previous occupant. Don't be slobs. Anyway. We left our luggage in our dirty room because we had places to be. The carpet was disgusting. And. All of the pillows had been stripped of the pillowcases and thrown on the dirty floor. I'm a serious germ freak.
Now. To be fair. I stayed 2 weeks later. The check in process smooth for me but not so much got the HS girls soccer team with reservations and no rooms.
Staff is exceptionally friendly. I'd stay here again I just wish a few things were tweaked. The day the line was so long we saw the manager appear to go hide. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. I think you're mostly okay to stay at this hotel in Duluth. Priced better than Canal Park but still walkable to the lake.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss it in greater detail. At your convenience, please let me know how I can reach you.