All reviews club level public ramp front desk parking garage canal park starbucks coffee lake view nice hotel superior street wedding party heart of downtown hotel shuttle corner suite walking distance business trip shuttle service walk in shower
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton for a UMD football game. Check in was a cluster..headache. We stood in line 45 minutes. The rooms were not ready at 330-415 the time I was in line. Finally checked in and the room had the bedding stripped but previous occupants trash. On the floor. C'mon previous occupant. Don't be slobs. Anyway. We left our luggage in our dirty room because we had places to be. The carpet was disgusting. And. All of the pillows had been stripped of the pillowcases and thrown on the dirty floor. I'm a serious germ freak.
Now. To be fair. I stayed 2 weeks later. The check in process smooth for me but not so much got the HS girls soccer team with reservations and no rooms.
Staff is exceptionally friendly. I'd stay here again I just wish a few things were tweaked. The day the line was so long we saw the manager appear to go hide. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. I think you're mostly okay to stay at this hotel in Duluth. Priced better than Canal Park but still walkable to the lake.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
SusanN2195, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss it in greater detail. At your convenience, please let me know how I can reach you.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We were in town for a wedding and were very happy with our stay. Clean and comfortable amenities with updated rooms. Great location in the heart of downtown, a short walk to everywhere we went including the Lakewalk and Canal Park.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I have stayed at the Sheraton Duluth many times over the past few years in the Summer. Duluth is a great weekend getaway and the Sheraton is the perfect location. It is a short walk to canal park and right in the heart of downtown. Parking is a bit of a pain but it is free, which is nice. The hotel is due for an update but from what I hear that is starting later this fall in October. Very excited to see if they will keep the old fashioned feel or go more modern. The staff are always so friendly and accommodating. Most recently, we stayed over labor day weekend for 1 night. This was our first trip with my son who is 4 months old. They were able to accommodate all my requests which included a fridge for his food and a crib in the room when we arrived to check in. This took a lot of stress off of our trip and it is so much appreciated. They upgraded us to a king suite which was really nice because we were able to hang out in the sitting area while my son slept in the crib in our room w/a door. It was perfect. We didnt get a chance to use the concierge lounge too much except to go get some soda and a quick snack.

Will be staying here again!! cant wait to visit once it is remodeled!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The room was not clean at all. Carpet was stained Counter top in bathroom was sticky
desk top was sticky there was a beer or pop spill that had not been wiped clean.
The location was good being that I had to go to the hospital can go through the ski way would be very helpful in the winter.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank G L
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to see that the cleanliness of your room was not up to your standards or ours. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to help ensure these types of situations do not happen again. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for Susan.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed here for one night in August. Room was neat but the hotel is worn out. There were stained in the carpet both in the hallway on our floor and in the room. We paid extra to access the club lounge but the service there was terrible, especially in the evening happy hour. The choice was very limited, and they don't restock the items. On the day our stay, Wifi did not work in the room and was constantly giving error messages. Hotel parking in a public parking lot is very inconvenient. Only positive thing for this hotel is its location right next to the highway 35.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry that your experience in our Club Lounge was less than satisfactory. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team in an effort to improve our guest's experience.

I am happy to let you know that we will be starting a renovation to our property at the end of October. This renovation includes all new guest rooms and public areas.

Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you next time you are in Duluth.