All reviewsclub levelparking garagefront deskcanal parkstarbucks coffeelake viewnice hotelsuperior streetwedding partyhotel shuttleheart of downtownwalking distancecorner suitebusiness tripshuttle servicewalk in showerup to date
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I enjoyed my stay here. I do recommend upgrading to the club level if you can. The club level lounge is very nice and they do a great appraiser service in the evenings. The hotel is located in downtown Duluth and some of the room have views of the lake and bridge. The beds are comfortable and the rooms very nice and clean. I have stayed at several place in town and this is my fave.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is worn out. Carpet is filthy and walls are dinged up. During our recent visit the staff was excellent from check-in to check-out. They even offered to carry our bags to our room while we parked the car. Responses to other reviews indicate the hotel is soon being remodeled, which is overdue.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Enjyrtrp
Kole H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff was excellent. We hold ourselves to the highest standard. I am happy to say we are going to be going through a remodel soon. I hope you continue to stay with us in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed as part of a wedding party. The hotel staff was great! My only feedback is that I think the carpet has out lived it's life span. Again, it was a great room, great environment and the staff was great. I will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Came to visit family for a few days on our way up the north shore, and selected this hotel as I am a Frequent SPG / Marriott traveler. Even with the downtown power outage which occurred for a few hours on the day we checked in - the staff and our stay was great. The front office team and others really worked extra hard running up and down the stairs and doing their very best for their guests. After that our stay was just as we have come to expect from SPG / Marriott: clean, comfortable rooms. Nice club room with fine snacks and drinks. All staff were friendly and helpful. Parking garage was easy to access. And we enjoyed being close to lots of restaurants and Duluth sites.

Room Tip: Stick with Marriott / SPG, become a frequent guest.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Duluth.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business 5 nights Sunday- Friday. I’ve never experienced poorer housekeeping service at a hotel, let alone a Sheraton. 4 of 5 days the bed was NEVER made, despite having the card on the bed requesting service. The one day the bed was made, the linens were not changed as requested. Dirty glassware (with rotting fruit) sat in the room for 3 days until we finally took the glasses back down to the bar ourselves. Dirty water glasses were not changed out daily. The ice container bag was never replaced 3 days in a row. Garbage was not taken out 3 of 5 days. At some point, this neglect becomes a health hazard. The Kleenex box was empty for two days. A used coffee filter packet was put back as if it had never been used, leaving us short one coffee on day 3. Given the lack of attention each day, the overall lack of cleanliness of the room and the hotel became more and more apparent. On night #4, I complained to the front desk asking that at minimum, please take out the garbage. They assured me we would have full housekeeping service on day 5, bed linens changed. That did NOT happen (see photo)... but hey, they did manage to take out the garbage and fold over the toilet paper in a nice triangle shape to let us know they were there. Really, really disturbing. Perhaps this is the new norm. On a positive note, the bar tender and shuttle driver were very helpful and nice. But the hotel needs renovations and is really dirty. Lack of updating can be overlooked, but not cleanliness. Needless to say, this will be our last stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am truly very sorry that this was your experience at our hotel. At your convenience, I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly, if you have the time please let me know the best way I can reach you.