All reviews club level public ramp front desk parking garage canal park starbucks coffee lake view nice hotel superior street wedding party heart of downtown hotel shuttle corner suite walking distance business trip shuttle service walk in shower
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Came to visit family for a few days on our way up the north shore, and selected this hotel as I am a Frequent SPG / Marriott traveler. Even with the downtown power outage which occurred for a few hours on the day we checked in - the staff and our stay was great. The front office team and others really worked extra hard running up and down the stairs and doing their very best for their guests. After that our stay was just as we have come to expect from SPG / Marriott: clean, comfortable rooms. Nice club room with fine snacks and drinks. All staff were friendly and helpful. Parking garage was easy to access. And we enjoyed being close to lots of restaurants and Duluth sites.

Room tip: Stick with Marriott / SPG, become a frequent guest.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Duluth.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business 5 nights Sunday- Friday. I’ve never experienced poorer housekeeping service at a hotel, let alone a Sheraton. 4 of 5 days the bed was NEVER made, despite having the card on the bed requesting service. The one day the bed was made, the linens were not changed as requested. Dirty glassware (with rotting fruit) sat in the room for 3 days until we finally took the glasses back down to the bar ourselves. Dirty water glasses were not changed out daily. The ice container bag was never replaced 3 days in a row. Garbage was not taken out 3 of 5 days. At some point, this neglect becomes a health hazard. The Kleenex box was empty for two days. A used coffee filter packet was put back as if it had never been used, leaving us short one coffee on day 3. Given the lack of attention each day, the overall lack of cleanliness of the room and the hotel became more and more apparent. On night #4, I complained to the front desk asking that at minimum, please take out the garbage. They assured me we would have full housekeeping service on day 5, bed linens changed. That did NOT happen (see photo)... but hey, they did manage to take out the garbage and fold over the toilet paper in a nice triangle shape to let us know they were there. Really, really disturbing. Perhaps this is the new norm. On a positive note, the bar tender and shuttle driver were very helpful and nice. But the hotel needs renovations and is really dirty. Lack of updating can be overlooked, but not cleanliness. Needless to say, this will be our last stay at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am truly very sorry that this was your experience at our hotel. At your convenience, I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly, if you have the time please let me know the best way I can reach you.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I traveled to Duluth with a group of friends for Grandma's Marathon and stayed at the Sheraton Duluth for 3 nights; we chose this hotel because it was close to the finish line. Prior to our arrival, several in my group were mis-charged and double charged, and all were charged the total for the entire stay when that info was not noted anywhere in the reservation confirmations.

I called the day before we arrived to ask if my friend and I could split the bill for our room (charge half on my credit card and half on hers) and was told that I could, only to get there and find that she had been charged for the entire stay - twice - so I could not pay for my half of the bill and had to scramble to get cash to her since I hadn't brought that much with me assuming I'd been given accurate information by hotel staff the day before. It took several attempts with customer service to get everyone's bills straightened out until a manager finally resolved the issue.

The rooms. Not super clean. No microwave, no refrigerator. Coffee cups weren't replaced by housekeeping so we couldn't make coffee in our room on day 2. Not the worst I've ever seen but I would struggle to call it adequate.

Honestly, the one bright star in the entire stay was the hotel shuttle. Gary was fantastic and Brian was super helpful - both took great care of us which was especially helpful given race weekend traffic and road closures.

I travel pretty extensively with my job as well as with friends on trips like this one and have never seen such a comedy of errors. Duluth is a great town but I would not stay at the Sheraton again unless they underwent a major overhaul. I would normally be willing to overlook some issues given that marathon weekend is a bit of a zoo, but the types of issues we experienced had nothing to do with that and no one really seemed to care about our satisfaction too much. I'd skip this one and stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

While on a recent vacation, my husband and I stayed here and we were very comfortable. The staff was very helpful with directions and restaurants suggestions. The room was larger than some we had stayed in which was nice. The room and overall hotel was clean. It is within reasonable walking distance to the lift bridge and museum.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We stayed in a Club Level Corner King Room. Supposedly one of their best rooms. The room was spacious and had views of the bridge from the bedroom, but that’s all it had going for it.
The carpet and couch in the living room were so stained and dirty we didn’t feel comfortable not having our shoes on at all time and avoided sitting on the couch. It’s the kind of room you go home and immediately wash everything you brought with. The pictures I attached really speak for themselves.
To view the bridge from the bedroom you would have to sit on the foot of the bed, but the bed frame was broken and just gave way if you sat on it.
Also, they are a dog friendly hotel, so we had the pleasure of listening to a yipping dog next door most of the night. I realize there is not much the hotel can do about this.
We were appalled at what they charge for what can only be described as a disgusting room. Please don’t waste your money!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra S
Susan N, Manager at Sheraton Duluth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your room. I would like the opportunity to talk with you about your stay, at your convenience if you would let me know the best way to get in contact with you I would appreciate it.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.