“Breakfast ”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This little diner is a must visit! Taking you back to the simple days. Great food, excellent staff, small town atmosphere and talented cooks. We had breakfast-- a scrambler and the country fried steak. Hashbrowns..awesome, toast... awesome, eggs...awesome. all around great experience and reminded me of the small diners we ate at growing up in the 70s and 80s.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Uncle Loui’s Cafe
July 11, 2018
Downtown Duluth,MN

Breakfast - nitty gritty down and not dirty. This is a local’s breakfast & lunch place. The food was good, service good and atmosphere was like an old time lunch counter-esque vibe.

The eggs were cooked the way we requested, the breakfast potatoes and hashbrowns were a little greasy but very tasty. The pancake was huge and good. The French toast was a bit odd. It almost seemed as though they dipped the bread into the pancake batter then put it on the grill. The taste was exactly like the pancake. If I wanted the taste of pancake I would order a pancake. Oh well.

They have 3 syrups to choose from on the tables. Maple, blueberry and homemade cinnamon. Oddly the blueberry tasted like a watered down grape jelly with very little taste and quite sugary. The cinnamon was more like apple cider with sugar and a little cinnamon added to it. Not at all what I’d call delicious or even worth trying. I did love the maple but it also wasn’t the type I’m used to but it was good. It was thinner and lighter in color than the Vermont type we get in the Northeast.

So all in all I’d try other places in Duluth for breakfast like the Duluth Grill if you really want an amazing breakfast,but for cheap eats and simplicity this place is great.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Disgirlgoes
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

While my family and I all ordered lunch, I suggest stick with breakfast if you go. Lunch was "ok". The Gyro sandwich was really good and had lots of flavor, however the rest of the family ordered burgers and a Patty melt and they weren't anything to write home about. I have been here for breakfast several times prior to this and they would get 5 stars for that!
You walk in and seat yourself, and are greeted quickly by a hostess/host who brings you water. Place is always busy when we are there. It is definitely somewhere to visit, though-great prices and portion sizes will not let you leave hungry!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Stopped in for breakfast and had the eggs benedict. Very good. Large portion with lots of flavor. Came with hash browns done right. Crispy on the outside. Very busy place but service was still good. I can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Deb's restaurant is the greatest. They'll make what you want, how you want and it's reasonably priced.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to UNCLE Louis Cafe? Share your experiences!