“Romantic dinner!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had a late dinner at New Scenic Cafe in our honeymoon and we absolutely loved this tucked away private restaurant. It is so serene, away from the hustle and bustle, cozy and romantic. The Octopus terrine for an appetizer was superb, tender and delicious, for dinner we ordered Duck breast and lamb loin. The duck breast was top notch, the lamb loin was too rare for my liking and the huge radish/daikon slices on top looked like folded Kleenex napkins and did not add to the flavor. They did cook the loin for me a bit longer, which was tastier, next time I'll order the duck breast too.
The fire outside was cozy to sit around after dinner. Very peaceful!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I was recommended this spot from a colleague when I said I was going up to Gooseberry Falls.
I'm very skeptical about random spots outside major cities but this restaurant might change my mind going forward!
We walked in around 12:30 on a Sunday without reservations, the hostess, who was amazing and had a west coast style of service, quoted us about 30-45 minutes. That was fine with us, she offered us a beverage menu and we ordered a bottle of wine as we waited. We were seated right around the 30 minute mark.
The decor while walking through was making me nervous as it looked like a cabin. I didn't know what I was getting myself into!
After looking at the menu and hearing the specials. We went with the tuna tacos starter. Highly recommended. Our server Shanna was great all the way through and was spot on with every description.
I got the mussels and fries which were very well done and a beautiful presentation. The person I was with got the lamb loin. I'm not usually a lamb fan but the seasonings and broth they used were great and worked perfectly. Don't skip out on the pie. It was the perfect ending to a great lunch.
The dishes and plating were very modern and the menu was quite eclectic with a focus on seafood.
The wine list was very well done and had something for everyone and price points for everyone.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We were blown away by this little restaurant. Our food was exceptional (ahi tuna for me, scallops for my wife). The drive there is scenic -- views from within the restaurant are mostly of foliage and gardens, so don't expect a lake view from inside. But still VERY worth the trip.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for a late lunch on a Monday. Place was packed. The hostess told us it was about a 15 min wait but it wasn't that long. We were seated and got our drinks right away. We've heard lots of good things about this place and we were excited to try out the dishes. We ordered the sashimi tacos, French onion soup, mussels, goat cheese salad and the asparagus and gruyere galette with prosciutto and a soft boiled egg. Everything was phenomenal! The service was also very friendly too and the space is very neat and clean. As an FYI-the portions are big so if you're not trying to try as much as you can, like my fam and I, share your plates and you'll be fine.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Do not pass this restaurant on the scenic drive without having lunch or dinner!!!! One that really knows how to tintilate the taste buds !!! Try the seared tuna tacos

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!