All reviews no elevator room was clean nice view of lake lake walk older hotel would stay again hard boiled eggs morning breakfast north shore yogurt checking out easy access convenient location nice stay free breakfast water park lake superior
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This is a good hotel. Great location and more moderately priced than those in Canal Park. Breakfast is complete unless you need sausage or bacon. Staff is generally helpful & friendly. The reason I am writing this is because you have access to a free shuttle. The Edgewater Shuttle is available to Days Inn guests. They will take you to the downtown Canal Street area & return you to the hotel. Also pick you up or drop you off at the airport. This is a substantial benefit if like me you are here without a car or don't want to hassle with downtown parking. The shuttle has business cards that they could hand out at the desk. No one told me about this when I checked in the first time, and when I mentioned this to someone at the desk, she seemed disinterested. I am irritated to have spent money on Uber. If you stay here, ask for the shuttle number. If you are flying in, make sure you have it. Shame on someone for not training the reception staff.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a Wyndham Hotel and this Days Inn based on reasonable price & reviews. Carpeting is filthy; metal duct-taped rod stuck out under bed & cut my sister-in-laws leg; handle came off their door and basically a sad old Inn in desperate need of updating and cleaning. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for". Wyndham Corporate needs to look at what they support.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The staff members were very friendly, helpful, and professional. I have a King size bed and I loved it. The rooms were very clean. Didn't have to wait to long for the bus to pick me up for the airport. I will stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I appreciated that I could see Lake Superior from the motel-even though not from our room. They appear to be remodeling it. Continental breakfast was not bad-I look for motels that offer that. The biggest disappointment was the dirty carpet in the room-huge stain and didn't really appear it was vacuumed well. I'm not a germ freak-but even I wouldn't put my bare feet on that floor. The bathroom was clean. I probably should have said something but rooms are at a premium in Duluth and this was already expensive enough without going another overpriced motel. May go back there as front desk was pleasant.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

After a horrible experience at another local hotel , I transferred to the Days Inn Lakewalk , and was certainly glad that I did.
It met all of my expectations and suited me just fine. It’s a lovely property located just in the fringe of downtown and near the fun east end of town , with various good restaurants and bars near by. The hotel itself is set in a hillside location tucked up and off the major thoroughfare. I had a limited view room on the back side , but it was a clean, comfortable, spacious room. Even though it was s second floor room , I was still able to park right outside my room , due to the unique scalloped design of this property.
I had my dog along on this trip , and as a pet friendly hotel , they made us feel welcome. There is a medium sized green space in the side of the hotel, totally sufficient for a simple release.

Date of stay: August 2018