“Great place”

Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Ironwood, Michigan
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

I would recommend this motel to anyone. A year ago, last December, my boyfriend ended up in the hospital for over a month. This was my second home. Everyone there was so caring. There is no other place I would stay. I saw no drug deals or prostitutes.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank srock313

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed here with several friends during the airshow in July. Our room was old and gross and there were door mats stragetically placed around our bed to hide various stains. Nasty. It served the purpose of a place to sleep but I wouldn't pick it again.

They have a great patio to sit on and enjoy a drink or two. We grabbed a growler from Fitger's Brewery and watched the ships come in. The location is pretty good too - you aren't right on Canal Park but can easily walk there via the boardwalk in 10 - 15 minutes.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank bornintheusa_10

Travellers are raving about these Duluth hotels

Rochester,MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband and I stayed in late August for 2 nights over a weekend.The staff was very helpful.The motel was perfect for our needs.We stayed on the second floor with a view of the lake,room was clean with everything you need,a bed,coffemaker,TV and small refrigerator.Bathroom was really small but fine for us.View from the 2 outdoor roof decks is wonderful,you can sit there later at night,we sat out on the one till after midnight.Access to downtown is perfect,one block down you can cross to the Lakewalk which you can take all the way down to Canal Park.Fitgers is one block away,Fond Du Luth casino is two blocks away.We walked the downtown streets at night and it was very safe with an eclectic mix of people but everyone minding their own business.
This hotel is for the budget traveler,the cost is $150 LESS a night than the hotels on Canal Park.If pillow top matresses,hotel "happy hours" and big continental breakfasts are important to you than this is not the hotel for you.This hotel is a place to sleep at night,shower,make some coffee and grab a donut when you leave in the morning to explore all Duluth has to offer and at the end of the day relax on the rooftop deck and watch the lake and the ships.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kleahmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed over labor day weekend for weekend getaway as ky husband was goose hunting (I'm a 24 yr old female) I say this because I felt completely safe staying there. Its located literally close to a hospital there is always police officers patrolling lots of families were staying there, I saw not one person who looked like a prostitute or a druggy. Anyways about my stay my room was the piney wood whirlpool room (room 203) absolutely lovely for the money, what a view it had of superior!! The staff was so helpful of places that I wanted to visit or simple directions even housekeeping made absolutely sure I did not need even an extra washcloth! ( I was asked a few times about anything I needed anything at all!) My room was spotless and so was the service I will be a continuing customer. I just wanted to make sure they got credit when I think credit was definately due for them!!

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank hfhendrickson
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

I've stayed at the Voyaguer Lakewalk Inn in Duluth, MN several times for personal and business affairs since the summer of 2009. The location is downtown which provides a vehicle for access to local stores, boutiques, restaurants, public transportation, & Lake Superior, of all things! Whole Foods is within walking distance so I stock up my motel room fridge w/snacks & meals to save on $. The motel is very reasonably priced and I'm able to bring my companion, my dog for a 1-time fee during my stay. The staff make me & my dog feel welcome and they extend themselves by recommending local hot spots for leisure, accomodating special requests (for instance, letting me check-in early or check-out late about an hour or so to accomodate my schedule), & giving me the room or floor of my choice, when available. The real difference between this motel & others is: customer service, price, & location. There are less amenities than other motels I've stayed in but the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn surpasses my expectations in the areas I've identified. This motel is for the person or people (& canines alike) that are traveling for the experience of the city of Duluth, MN. I've recommended this motel to friends & colleagues and I will continue to be a loyal, returning customer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business